What makes you most happy about your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
The *stance*.

Both my Genesis and my Trek have quite a new-school sloping top tube, low bars and high seats.

They look fast even when they stand still!

mustang1

Guru
not sad at all! i do that too ^_^

That's fabulous! I won a bright yellow cycling jacket and i've become quite attached to the colour , mostly because it helps me be seen but it brightens up the most miserable day :smile:

That's why i want a yellow bike, or at least one with bright colours. Most of my bikes when I was younger had bright colours.

These days it seems (at least new bikes from mainstream companies) have nice bright colours only for ladies bikes. I really like the Giant Liv colours on their higher end models for ladies.

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

Clinging on for dear life.
That's why i want a yellow bike, or at least one with bright colours. Most of my bikes when I was younger had bright colours.

These days it seems (at least new bikes from mainstream companies) have nice bright colours only for ladies bikes. I really like the Giant Liv colours on their higher end models for ladies.
Ive found that too, it seems the majority of men (forgive me for generalising) tend to want their bikes to to look sleek and cool as they glide by (which you should be able to do on any colour bike, really) so I've noticed they make them in subtler colours, which is rather sexist really, considering that we're in the 21st century but they still haven't figured out that colours are gender neutral

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive found that too, it seems the majority of men (forgive me for generalising) tend to want their bikes to to look sleek and cool as they glide by (which you should be able to do on any colour bike, really) so I've noticed they make them in subtler colours, which is rather sexist really, considering that we're in the 21st century but they still haven't figured out that colours are gender neutral
Oh come on really ! They are trying to sell to the public and its very very obvious that males and females like different things . If everyone took onboard this PC crap no one would make or sell anything .

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

Clinging on for dear life.
Oh come on really ! They are trying to sell to the public and its very very obvious that males and females like different things . If everyone took onboard this PC crap no one would make or sell anything .
It's not PC crap at all. Its recognising that not everyone likes the same things that are "girls" or "boys" not every girl likes pink and not every boy likes blue! Its common bloody sense. I call bullsh*t on your faux macho crap.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well, in fairness I think you are describing the road bike market.
Mountain bikes and hybrids come in very bright colours, the men's as well.
My Pinnacle (Evans) for example, is bright orange, it's a man's frame, says so on the sticker.
Anyway, what makes me happy about my bike(s) is the freedom of movement they give me.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
It's not PC crap at all. Its recognising that not everyone likes the same things that are "girls" or "boys" not every girl likes pink and not every boy likes blue! Its common bloody sense. I call bullsh*t on your faux macho crap.
Call it what you want but its probably why you dont make millions selling bikes .
There is also no need to swear .

Top Bottom