What makes you most happy about your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Felt, the embossed Felt logo on every tiny part, even down to the cable ferrules.
This is all turning very fetishistic (had to double check that there is such a word)

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

Clinging on for dear life.
I'm not entirely sure there is only one particular thing I love about my bike more than another, although I understand how your inner child loves them dials. :okay:

View attachment 344118

I think it's the full package for me and how smooth it feels compared to the old bike.
It's the same with my old bike, I love her as a whole but with the new one the dials just won me over. Let's face it, I'm unlikely to ever own a car, so this is as close as I'm ever going to get :laugh:

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

What makes me happy about my bike. Wow that's a brilliant question..For me it's simple. My bike is 34 years old and every time i look at my immaculate bike it reminds me of my belated mum. She bought me one back in 1983 and it's a special memory of happy times when i was a youngster. Happy mother's day mum x
Awww that lovely :smile:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
More a thing about riding than my bike. But that time when you are on the front of a tail wind, or even no wind...the bike is silent, smooth and all you can hear is the buzz of the tyres as you purr along.

Also the sensation of moving in a peloton of mates, each knowing how one another rides moving like starlings.

On my bike, I like this view
WP_20130926_02520130926230437.jpg

I like seeing the tarmac blur under the tiny thin tyres

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Also, sorry for the double post...

What makes me happy is riding with friends and riding into new areas, experiencing them together for the first time on a bike.

I ride motorcycles and scooters and whilst cycling is harder (especially on the hills) the sense of "going" of "finding" is so much more rewarding on a pushbike. You feel everything, smell everything, hear everything and can take time to draw it all-in.

I really enjoy not returning, not having to ride back or around. So I enjoy tours and weekend trips the most and often ride out and catch a train home to capture the same feeling.

Thank you Blue, the answers have been interesting to read. :smile:
90s chromo? What's that? (I haven't had enough coffee yet lol)
Is it from the 1990s?

Is it made of chromo steel (what's it say on the frame?) ?

I rate some of those bikes, just before lots of stuff went ally, though now of course steel is back in favour.

keithmac

Guru
Gates Carbon Belt for me, been commuting on my new bike since July and other than adjusting brake cables I haven't had to do anything to it (even clean it..).

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

Is it from the 1990s?

Is it made of chromo steel (what's it say on the frame?) ?

I rate some of those bikes, just before lots of stuff went ally, though now of course steel is back in favour.
Ah I see! Yes it is steel, not sure of what decade it's from I can't find it lol she's a lovely bike but my god she is heavy! I took her for a spin this afternoon and I had to get off for a bit and walk (I'm recovering from the lurgy and my lungs aren't fully up to scratch yet) and she was so hard to push compared to the Ammaco!

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

i am feeling a little sad because i have a new bike, My old faithful S2 has been stripped and put into storage, I did my first sportive on it, My first 200 mile+ ride, so many great rides, Over 25000 miles, Am loving the new bike but thinking about the old one.:sad:
Awww you should dig it back out and get going on it again, unless it doesn't want to go anymore?

Top Bottom