What mods/upgrades do you have planned for your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
New front tyre for the Alpinestars, otherwise nowt.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I am considering having wider handlebars - not sure if that's a thing? To help with my shoulders from pinching.

I am hoping to change the tyres on the Diverge, however, the Durano Plus's are proving a good touring choice and at 25mm the width is pretty spot on.

New Tape on the Diverge soon - something very bright as the bike is satin black.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get your shoulder width measured, I'd be surprised if as a woman you need wider bars on a road bike. Try moving the hoods a little first? Too wide bars gave me tendonitis in my wrist, narrower bars cured it

Any bike purchase for me would probably be titanium shaped

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Picking up a new frame and forks on Saturday :biggrin: and John from the the shop says it's available in British racing green :hyper:
Waiting to hear if my application for a small loan to pay for getting the wheels rebuilt to 26in size is approved :scratch:
And new tyres...
And inner tubes...

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've a BeOne frame build to finish - changing the test Shimano R500 crankset for a much lighter carbon one. Then cabling, finishing and test-riding.

My Eastway's going to be re-done for a 4th winter, when it was supposed to be used for one, with a Claris LH shifter and stronger wheels.

Finally the NeilPryde Nazare's going to my son for racing next year, so it'll be a Dura-Ace upgrade on some components with a different crankset.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
I am considering having wider handlebars - not sure if that's a thing? To help with my shoulders from pinching.

I am hoping to change the tyres on the Diverge, however, the Durano Plus's are proving a good touring choice and at 25mm the width is pretty spot on.

New Tape on the Diverge soon - something very bright as the bike is satin black.

You’re riding a hybrid am I right in saying? Does it have some of those ergo style ( not sure what they’re called!) hand grips fitted on the bar ends? I find these allow for more hand positions when I’m on the hybrid and help to prevent any hand numbness.

Jody

Stubborn git
Wanting to change the cassette on my road bike to a 11-32 or 11-34 but still trying to work out if I can squeeze a 34 without changing components.

Need a new better set of wheels for the MTB as the ones I have are a little tired.

Alan O

Über Member
My tourer and MTB are pretty much just as I want them for the summer, and all they really need is more miles.

I'm getting another steel bike set up as a road bike, and I've just fitted new wheels and a pair of 25mm GP 4000 tyres. I couldn't resist trying a Biopace 42/52 chainset I got cheap, as I have a Biopace 28/38/48 triple on my tourer and I love it. But with only a six-speed block it's way too highly geared for a fat bloke of my age, so I'll be swapping back to the old 36/48. Then I want to swap out the rear derailleur which is getting worn, for a SunTour Vx (another eBay find in great condition).

Then I've got a fixed-wheel build that I really want to finish - I keep hitting minor hurdles and putting it aside to do other things.

And then I have a rigid MTB that I got for just £30 as the gears were stuck. Cleaning and relubing the shifters was all that needed, but it still needs new cables, and possibly even new brakes (which are a bit ratty)...

But I can't waste this nice summer weather sitting at home fiddling with bikes!

DRHysted

Guru
The CdF came back from the Scottish Highlands with a perished BB and multiple creaks and groans.
So a strip down clean is in order, New BB, and a new 1x groupset with fully Hydraulic disc brakes.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
You’re riding a hybrid am I right in saying? Does it have some of those ergo style ( not sure what they’re called!) hand grips fitted on the bar ends? I find these allow for more hand positions when I’m on the hybrid and help to prevent any hand numbness.

Diverge is a road/cyclocross and the Allez is a road bike. I no longer have a hybrid - it lives at my boyfriend's house as a spare/emergency bike.

Top Bottom