What next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
looking at the internet, automatic gears are here already and will be standard in 10years (noticed oval chainrings are appearing on standard bikes)
it does seam odd , you have a thing that has a rotational action - your pedals, and yet we carry a seperate pump - thats just dumb. if a bike was a car it would be a model T ford.
why a front brake and a back brake - unified braking like on a car, you don,t have a front and back brake pedal on a car!.
the real revolution will be to defeat drag - why all this tubing , you could make the body from one peice of plastic.

lots on the internet about bike design/development and by bike people like shimaneo so its just time before it become acceptable to the public

Drago

Legendary Member
Power supplied from pedalling. I know that we have Dynamos, but was thinking phone/laptop/Satnav ports.
You can get them, though its nasty cheap kit. Proper integration would be sweet,

I'm surprise so manufactured aren't making seats with Di/Ui batteries integrated. Much cheaper than designing a frame and a big fat market to exploit. How about brake cables with Di power cables moulded into the outer?

Licramite

Über Member
would you adam and eve it - theres a company in america that produces bikes with automatic gear change system as standard.
its aimed very much at the leisure riding end of the market, it does a road racing bike but I,m not sure if the system is on it.

Top Bottom