What non essentials are you running short on ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I’m a chef and have a lot of bread flour at work, last weeks stock take showed about 20kg. I’m not one to pilfer but it is getting tempting. Maybe I need to have a word with my manager...
I heard that one of the bakeries near us was shifting big bags of the stuff but I don't know how true that is. Anyway, food delivery came tonight so we've got enough flour, tomato sauce and mozzarella for two Saturday nights worth of pizza. Tinned toms in short supply though.

vickster

Legendary Member
If bananas are yellow they're good. That sort of thing...:whistle:
If they're brown they make very good muffins :whistle:

Are you a bin man? Otherwise how do you know what people are throwing away?

Attachments

• 7BFAD3B5-7F0E-4CF1-BCDD-CD3F4FBFABA5.jpeg
    7BFAD3B5-7F0E-4CF1-BCDD-CD3F4FBFABA5.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
If they're brown they make very good muffins :whistle:

Are you a bin man? Otherwise how do you know what people are throwing away?
Im not an inspector of rubbish pal. However, i did see the local council bin men taking pictures of some bin contents last week, to what end i do not know but as they were lifting all the bin lids, you could see the food in some. In normal times. It is reported the UK households throw away 4.5 million tonnes of food away each year so yes, people are throwing away lots of food they didn't need. As to what the council intend to do about the pictures or if they were documenting for other reasons i do not know.....

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm running out of tonic. I'm guessing people are hearing some bollocks about quinine making you immune or something, I seem to remember some rumour going around and it's resulted in a rush of the stuff. I just want it for my gin.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Mead & Lavatory Parchment

lane

Veteran
Think we are ok so far. We are not wasting anything and making what we have last rather than visit the shop. My weight loss has accelerated. No treats or snacks. We now have a milkman, local pub selling bread and a local business delivering veg.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just looked this morning as my mum uses paracetamols and we'd only got half a strip of paracetamol tablets I could give her. None to be had in the village chemist or Sainsburys... I could ask for some on Mum's prescription to top her up but that's an expensive burden on the NHS if everyone got their paracetamols that way! 10 working days for on-line delivery!

[Edit: Sorry- just noticed this thread asks for non-essentials! Oops.]

Last edited:
Top Bottom