What Overshoes - Non Neoprene

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just looking for some non neoprene overshoes that will keep the wind off when its still a little nippy?

Any recommendations.

Ta

Mr P

I wear Altura Stream overshoes the arent neoprene but a material that still keeps out the wet and wind; they're velcro at the back so they fit almost any shoe too.
I've also got a cheap Aldi pair which are non neoprene and been great for me, there zip closure though and I've heard other say they have problems with the zips.

redjedi

Über Member
I got some Prendas overshoes recently because the usual neoprene ones keep wearing out when they rub against the chain stays.

These are a lot thinner and not as warm. The material on the sides isn't waterproof but should keep a shower or two out, but they are windproof.

Perfect for me.

Fiona N

Veteran
I have the Wiggle own brand (dhb) windstopper overshoes. I find them good - better than neoprene as they're not nearly so sweaty so better in cold weather. If it's really wet, I swop to winter boots. The overshoes are getting a bit (lot) holey on the soles where the studs of the mtb shoes have worn holes through the fabric but apart from that, they're on their 5th winter and still fine. They weren't expensive - they were replacing a pair of very similar Gore Bike Wear overshoes which the zip had failed on but cost about a third less for similar quality. So recommended :biggrin:

You probably need a pair of these Clive...

%21CDwVlGwCGk%7E$%28KGrHqJ,%21lQEz+3tgWJ4BNPrt,5GdQ%7E%7E0_35.JPG

They should be ok for you in Summer, but maybe in Winter you'll need to fill them with paraffin and ignite them to keep warm. :smile:

Top Bottom