What racing bike would you buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

To be honest, this

cannondale-synapse-hi-mod-black-inc-2014-road-bike.jpg

£7000 and in stock

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/synapse-hi-mod-black-inc-2014-road-bike-ec053642

And yes ive sat on it, drooled over it etc.
this is amazing i am so surprised no make that shocked that
these sort of bikes cost sooooo much money . .

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

this is amazing i am so surprised no make that shocked that
these sort of bikes cost sooooo much money . .

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

I ride a Trek 1.2 as my best bike anyone familiar with this model i also own a few vintage type bikes an immaculate Raleigh Router an old Elswick i use for wet winter days, i have a Raleigh rapide excellent condition and a BSA Tour Of Britain good condition and a Philips, does anyone else have older bikes they enjoy riding at all.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
This is so surprising but can these bikes really be worth 10,000
and do bikers pay this sort of money....

Bikes of 10k and above have the latest tour specification components, and competition proven framsets. Some people with expendable incomes are quite happy paying this kind of money. Its no more sensible or worth it than a 160mph Ferrari in central London but they exist because there is a market for them from the people who want them simply because they can. Not everything needs to make sense

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

Bikes of 10k and above have the latest tour specification components, and competition proven framsets. Some people with expendable incomes are quite happy paying this kind of money. Its no more sensible or worth it than a 160mph Ferrari in central London but they exist because there is a market for them from the people who want them simply because they can. Not everything needs to make sense

Yes i do understand what you mean and i guess its all about spec and i guess they sell
To the right people i would want the lightest best bike if i had the money why not as my ole
Dad used to say " you dont have any money till you spend and enjoy some of it"

So does this mean the ones in the tour de france etc cost over 10,000 each i guess so.

Thanks for the reply. . .

Peteaud

Veteran
You're going to hate me Pete',but if i was going to spend 7 grand on a bike i'd spend it on one that looked like it cost 7 grand, and not a few hundred quid!:B)

Harsh :laugh:

But i like it, i like the simple understated looks, and i dont need a million blingy stickers.

I really would not want a bike that screamed look how much i cost.

I know most would go the other way, its just the way i am.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Unlimited budget? Anything costing more than £1500 would make me look even more of a tit. ( Some would set the price bar considerably lower). I would spend the rest of the vast pool of moolah on a good flight case for the bike, some hotel bookings, and some plane tickets.

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

^_^^_^
Harsh :laugh:

But i like it, i like the simple understated looks, and i dont need a million blingy stickers.

I really would not want a bike that screamed look how much i cost.

I know most would go the other way, its just the way i am.

well we are all different and i understand what you mean
about stickers, and ive never found they make you go faster
or stop your legs aching . . ..

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

Unlimited budget? Anything costing more than £1500 would make me look even more of a tit. ( Some would set the price bar considerably lower). I would spend the rest of the vast pool of moolah on a good flight case for the bike, some hotel bookings, and some plane tickets.

yes i see what you mean go to anice warm place and enjoy endless sunshine rides
sounds really good.

Top Bottom