What rear light was this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yesterday while out walking, a cyclist passed me and I was impressed with how noticeable his rear light was. It had a flashing pattern of 3 regular flashes of a line of LED's then a short gap, followed by another 3 flashes but the final flash of the second set of flashes was about twice the brightness of the other flashes. Then another 3 regular flashes, short gap, and so on....
Just wondering if anyone knows what light it might have been?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Maybe a Tracer?
Thanks for the suggestion but it wasn't that one. Should have said that it was a similar shape to my Lezyne .....

Lezyne-Strip-Drive-Pro-300-Bike-Rear-Lights-Red-AW17-L-1-LED-22R-V211.jpg

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cyclic fly is a possibility.

Cyclic Fly6(v) if it helps.

Thanks both; but if it WAS the Cycliq Fly then I will just have to content myself with the various Lezyne and CatEye lights which I already have. Not impressed by the price, and negative reviews of the Cycliq Fly... And I have no interest in the camera feature which I assume is the reason for the hefty price tag.

Johnno260

Veteran
Watch Amazon if you change your mind the price always dips there.

Footage quality is pretty decent, and the lights really good as well.

Slick

Guru
Thanks both; but if it WAS the Cycliq Fly then I will just have to content myself with the various Lezyne and CatEye lights which I already have. Not impressed by the price, and negative reviews of the Cycliq Fly... And I have no interest in the camera feature which I assume is the reason for the hefty price tag.
I thought it might be. Everyone obviously has different priorities, but all things considered, I didn't think the price was that hefty compared to the likes of your Lezyne which I now carry as a spare. I did pick it up on sale from a tip I got on here though and I know your not interested but I seem to get a reaction from a few drivers at work when I tell them what it is and what I feel I need it for. Might not exactly help me, but I'm sure some cyclist somewhere has had the benefit of a good pass because of me. :thumbsup:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
And the manufacturers website is very clear about the legality in TT mode.
Indeed , it is a very bright flash of lights in that mode that can be seen when the rider has disappeared into the distance . . That's why i bought one and use it for 7 am duel carriage way TT's on a Sunday morning .
The other modes are good for normal riding .

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
And the manufacturers website is very clear about the legality in TT mode.
But clearly they don't know what they're talking about, calling bicycle lighting a grey area. It's not but the law is very widely flouted.

Back to my question, that site admits it's illegal but doesn't say what flashing green signifies. If nobody reading this can remember, I'll go search when I've time. If it is medical vehicles, then it seems like you'd be a daffodil to use it.

Top Bottom