What`s Good In Dublin???????????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

I`m off to Dublin for the next four days. Anyone got any ideas for places to see at this time of year??????????????????? :laugh:

Keith Oates

Janner
Guinness Brewery, on the inside where the samples are kept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

515mm

Jameson Distillery museum tour. They don't distill there any more but there is a nice visitor centre, interesting tour and gift shop.

MAKE SURE THAT WHEN THEY ASK FOR VOLUNTEERS DURING THE TOUR YOU STICK YOUR HAND UP.

It's well worth the effort.:tongue:

take a look at a Lonely Planet guide book in WHSmith We did and found tons of good stuff

bobbyp

One of the most impresssive sights I saw in Dublin was the queue for the Guiness brewery tour. Truly awe inspiring.

For a truly nice pint go to the Porterhouse and have some of their Oyster stout. A local brew unlike the Guinness which is some nasty recipe brewed by Diageo.

postman

Legendary Member
Do the bus trip.A commentary and you can hop on and off as many times as you like.Commentary goes like this.This building is the only building in Dublin where more people come out than go in .Because it is the maternity hospital.Or this is the tart with the cart.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Halfway up the main street (O'Connell? O'Donnell? I can never remember which is on Dublin and which Belfast, there is, or was...

Oh hang, I'll check:

http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/6-6/pt/0/spid/284FBE4C-3E4B-40AE-93A84A718F195021.htm

O'Connell it is. Anyway, Beshoffs Fish and Chip shop, well worth a visit. I went with friends and we sat upstairs, and watched a mad little old lady dancing in the street outside. I can't promise the little old lady will still be there, it was 10 years ago, but the fish and chips (with bread and butter and tea) was great.

Seconded the bus tour, BTW, some hilarious comments made along the way - mostly the guide making dispargaing remarks about people's driving....

Arch

Married to Night Train
oh and if you fancy it, go to the tourist info centre and choose a guided pub crawl for one evening - they have themes like music or literature and are a good way to try out a few pubs without making those "silence falls as a stranger walks in" type mistakes....

Blue

Legendary Member
That's an interesting question.

I've spent loads of time in Dublin, and wouldn't make a list of things to do. Apart from the Guiness brewery. You can quite happily spend large amounts of time wandering round exploring nothing in particular, and have a great time.

Grafton St is good for street entertainment. And is Bewley's still there? If it is then it's a great tea room.

Yes indeed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great place _ went with my wife to see the Tour..... our hotel was right next to the last corner on the prologue. Strange to be in an english speaking country with so many french about. One of the evenings was mad as the french had just won a match in the euro or world cup......almost thought we were in france....

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Blue said:
Yes indeed.

'Fraid not guys. That wonderful institution of Bewleys closed a couple of years ago, to my utter dismay and disbelief. The building in Grafton Street is still there with a bar type affair on the ground floor and a superb seafood restaurant called "Mackerel" on the first floor.

Don't worry about finding things to do in Dublin, they will find you. Mrs Attrick and I have been going to Dublin regularly for ten years or more and still love the great atmosphere.

Blue

Legendary Member
Gerry Attrick said:
'Fraid not guys. That wonderful institution of Bewleys closed a couple of years ago, to my utter dismay and disbelief.

Didn't realise it was so long since I was last in the fair city.

Ah well, another memory bites the dust :biggrin:

Top Bottom