What`s your mileage target for 2019?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I'm lucky, I'll get to 500 miles. 1000km if I really go for it. Having a new shoulder is going to compromise whatever I aim at, so it will be go-for-it-and-see-what-happens...

Id like to do 5000 miles so roughly a hundred a week (with a couple of spare weeks to catch up any defecit) but anything over 3300 my best ever year will be good.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'll be happy if I manage 50 miles a week over the coming year, as it will be more than I've done this year. I'm not going to set a hard target though as I take the view that bike riding should be done for pleasure, not grinding out miles you don't feel like riding just to hit a specific number. A successful 2019 would be getting fitter than now, weighing a few pounds less, and not having any crashes whilst doing it.

C R

Guru
I am hoping to reach 2000 miles. Also aim to do the half metric century a month challenge, and as a silly challenge, get my imperial Eddington number to above thirty.

13 rider

Guru
Absolutely no target for me next year having been out this morning and got soaked chasing down this year's target of 12000 just because I set a target :banghead:

Ok 10000 miles for next year :tongue:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I never set a target. For me the miles don''t matter. I measure my success in the pleasure and enjoyment i get. So i am aiming for even more smiles in 2019. Happy cycling folks.

Same same - what are we doing to ourselves - when even our leisure time becomes stats based??

i want to do lots of cycling in fabulous places, but a mileage target might mean i didn't stop to look at a view, chat with a farmer, or sample the local buns .

Plus i don't have a bike computer thingy - which i can see the point of in a way - knowing its five miles before your left turn, and timing the land speed of a swaledale, -all interesting stuff - but otherwise??

I think ill leave my recreation uncompetitive - even with myself - happy hippy seasonal cyclisme all :angel:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5478566, member: 9609"]2018 was to get through the bering straits, got through that month ago and now past the Aleutians into the northern pacific
I would like to get down to New Zealand in 2019 but that is another 6000+ miles and I don't know if I have it in me.
might have a big long rest when I hit Honolulu in a few months time then may be island hop in the southern seas - NZ may have to wait till 2020
View attachment 443558
the green and red show the months[/QUOTE]

Are you plotting that yourself or does a web page it for you?

D

Deleted member 26715

My target for 2018 was to do more than I have in any other year, then as the year wound on it looked like I could do 1000 offroad miles, which would be more than any other year, I'm 35 miles short then last weekend, I have a weak left hip from a motorcycle accident 40+ years ago it seemed to pop out or twist to an angle it shouldn't it was very painful & a week later it's still not right, with only 8 days to go I'm not going to push for the 1K. Maybe that will make it easier next year.

Top Bottom