What`s your mileage target for 2019?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It will be what it is and no more.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I would never set a target, that would turn cycling into a chore like trying to make babies when she says "tonight's a good night".

Just like @welsh dragon I measure cycling success by the quality of my rides not the quantity. If I've enjoyed the route, had an adventure, overcome the odds and any negative feelings and got home bursting with endorphins, it's been a good ride.

But as with any others presently battling injury, a mile would be a thrill right now.

Alan O

Über Member
My target will be a modest 2,019 miles, one more than my 2018 target (I'm currently at 2,225 miles this year, with hopefully a couple more rides before the year is out).

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'd like to think I won't set one, but it's unlikely. This years 7300 mile target passed last month, and I'm aiming for 8000 by the end of the year, so like others I'm riding in rubbish weather just to do that. TBH it seems to take some of the fun away, but does get me out. More rides to the coast for 2019 I think.

BudgieBike

Had a summer off as redundancy so exceeded target of 3,500 so far Total distance 5,199 km with a couple of rides in diary. Total elevation 40,284 m.
Next year road bike 3,500 and mountain 1,000

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I do not set mileage targets. I tend to organise my year around big events / rides I would like to do and then plan the rest of the year around those. Most of my rides are not recorded other than in my memory.

mgs315

This year was my first ever target at 3000mi. I achieved it yesterday.

Next year I intend to commute more and got a load of sportives lined up so 4K it is.

pjd57

Veteran
Not to fall off is my main target.

I started 2018 with good intentions as well as the worst flu I had experienced in my life which laid me low until the end of February, then still with good long distance cycling intentions, I caught the heaviest deep chest cold which in turn progressed to bronchial pneumonia, which then saw me becoming a late onset cough induced asthma sufferer with more pills and potions than I thought was possible to force down a throat on a daily basis!
In the end I only went out on my beloved Shorter on 5 occasions, so I spent far more time polishing and tinkering than I did riding!!

My intentions for 2019 are to ride as much as I possibly can which I doubt will be all that often, but here's hoping.

Happy Christmas one and all

Always Cross

Veteran
I think i’m Going to give up on overall distance targets I start to get a bit down if I don’t achieve my aim. So i’m just going to ride around and enjoy it. I have 5 bikes and each bike has an Edington number, also an overall Edington number so I will try to increase them if it happens all well and good if they don’t who cares. One phrases comes to mind more smiles instead of miles

pjd57

Veteran
champions-league-0304-glasgow-glasgow-rangers-vfb-stuttgart-21-ibrox-picture-id52887815.jpg

And no I'm not just plucking figures out the air :smile:
Are you sure it's not 1873 ?

Top Bottom