What`s your mileage target for 2019?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Do miles on the turbo count?

:whistle:
No.
It's not really cycling.
E bike miles don't count either.

Goodnight.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm at around 350 miles. Weather not helping my cause

I have done a fair few hours on the gym bike as well though ;)

KneesUp

Guru
I have done a fair few hours on the gym bike as well though ;)
I'm not sure they count.

<ducks>

EDIT - I've set myself a target of 1,750 miles because that is what I ought to do if I commute every day - so if I miss any days, I have to make them up to keep on target. Would like to do more though.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm not sure they count.

<ducks>

EDIT - I've set myself a target of 1,750 miles because that is what I ought to do if I commute every day - so if I miss any days, I have to make them up to keep on target. Would like to do more though.
I know and I'm not counting them in any mileage target. I'm only really using it on the advice of my physio as I'm rehabbing after knee surgery

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
No.
It's not really cycling.
E bike miles don't count either.

Goodnight.
Target 3000 miles this year, and 357 up to today. All on an ebike - the miles count for me just as much as miles did on a conventional bike. Maybe more. Lets hope you never find yourself in the position of needing assistance to continue riding.

Venod

Eh up
For the first time in a few years I have decided against a target mileage for 2019 .

Just going to try and get out as often as I can and enjoy the miles .

This is my approach this year, I have deleted my Strava account to stop comparisons with previous years and other riders.

KneesUp

Guru
[QUOTE 5566020, member: 9609"]1663 mile as of today - all out doors under my own steam and all on 1980s steel,
target 6131 so currently on a miles per day basis I'm 37.5% ahead of target
if I can keep my current pace up I will make Antarctica passing NZ on 22 september[/QUOTE]
6131 miles, why, that's about 16.797260274 miles per day. (Why such a specific target, if you don't mind me asking?)

EDIT - is it because it's a prime number? Are you doing prime number targets in series - that would be cool (unless the next one is huge, of course!)

EDIT 2 - next prime after 6131 is 6133, so not much of a leap!

pjd57

Veteran
Target 3000 miles this year, and 357 up to today. All on an ebike - the miles count for me just as much as miles did on a conventional bike. Maybe more. Lets hope you never find yourself in the position of needing assistance to continue riding.
Please don't take everything I say on here seriously.

Enjoy your cycling no matter what.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
[QUOTE 5566020, member: 9609"]1663 mile as of today - all out doors under my own steam and all on 1980s steel,
target 6131 so currently on a miles per day basis I'm 37.5% ahead of target
if I can keep my current pace up I will make Antarctica passing NZ on 22 september[/QUOTE]

Wrap up warm for Antarctica. At least you will not have a problem with traffic.

Top Bottom