What`s your mileage target for 2019?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Ilovehills, 22 Dec 2018.

1. Always Cross

Always Cross Senior Member

I think i’m Going to give up on overall distance targets I start to get a bit down if I don’t achieve my aim. So i’m just going to ride around and enjoy it. I have 5 bikes and each bike has an Edington number, also an overall Edington number so I will try to increase them if it happens all well and good if they don’t who cares. One phrases comes to mind more smiles instead of miles

Dogtrousers, lane and 13 rider like this.
  2. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

champions-league-0304-glasgow-glasgow-rangers-vfb-stuttgart-21-ibrox-picture-id52887815.jpg
    Are you sure it's not 1873 ?

3. JohnMartin

JohnMartin Member

Would like to hit 5000 if I can manage it.

4. sleuthey

sleuthey Über Member

It may well be if Sustrans close the Bath-Bristol Railway Path again for maintenance causing me a detour.

5. 13 rider likes this.
  6. tallliman

tallliman Veteran

2 days? Slacker! :tongue:

HLaB likes this.
  7. 8000km for next year.

I set it at 8000km for this year but am at 7753km at the moment. I wont make 8000km but am not bothered about it.

8. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

No real target - I've simply set myself a 5ok figure for the Lunacy Challenge and I'll see how I get on.

I used to get really motivated by targets but as I've got older I've noticed that I get very demotivated if I miss them, thus rendering them counter productive.

9. pjd57

pjd57 Über Member

Didn't set any targets for the year, but due to the good weather ( well partly ) I got past 1000 miles so far.

10. challe

challe New Member

Trying 9000km. Lasta year 8000.

11. buzzy-beans

buzzy-beans Senior Member

If my lungs and heart allow it, my target for 2019 is to get my leg over the cross-bar after far too long out of the saddle :cycle:

pjd57, Banjo and DCBassman like this.
  12. straas

straas Über Member

My loose aim is 5000km.

I'm attempting to ride further than the previous month until July at least - I've got a graph going with month by month distances from 2017 till now and a little graphical output.

Wouldn't mind a couple of centuries and will aim to better my furthest ride (currently 179km)

Not too bothered if things go astray.

13. Thomson

Thomson Well-Known Member

Cycle to work 99% off the time and get out more than last year in the summer. As long as I continue to enjoy it :-)

14. booze and cake

booze and cake probably out cycling

Its been a really mild winter here in London. I've had no snow where I live, unlike this time last year when I lost a week of cycling due to the 'beast from the east'. I've been out in shorts and shirt sleeves all week and may have developed a slight tan by the weekend:eek:, I have to remind myself its still February. As a result of the mild weather I've managed nearly 1500 miles so far this year, so if the weather gods behave for the rest of the year, I might make 10,000 miles for the year. But really my only target is to cycle more than I drive, which I have done for the last 3 years.

pjd57 and HLaB like this.
  15. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

If i can reach 7000 miles again this year i will be happy, Just under 1000 miles done already, So just over 6000 miles to go.:bicycle:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice