"What She Said"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dim

I go out on my bike most saturdays or sundays on a longish ride. My wife never moans or grumbles (as long as the garden is kept neat)

if she needs to contact me, she can phone if it's an emergency, or text if it's not. I'd be well pi**ed off if my wife told/demanded what time I had to be back.

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs Postman once said to me,as i walked out in my cycling attire.My long skinny legs in my thermal bib tights.If you get knocked off,tell them i am not your next of kin.I do look like a two legged spider.Long thin legs.
549482_3459201919190_1807535342_n.jpg

BorderReiver

Veteran
We're all cyclists (or at least, bike riders) on here. Assuming most of us were bike riders when we got married our spouses knew what they were getting into when they said, "Til death (or Shimano) do us part".

My question is, why would any of us marry somebody who would complain about us going for a bike ride?

Chris S

Legendary Member
I'm not a sexist. If my wife wants to be an airline pilot and fly half way around the world then that's fine by me. So long as my dinners on the table when I get home ...

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
We're all cyclists (or at least, bike riders) on here. Assuming most of us were bike riders when we got married our spouses knew what they were getting into when they said, "Til death (or Shimano) do us part".

My question is, why would any of us marry somebody who would complain about us going for a bike ride?

Some of us got a bike habit after getting married. Although it was after some encouragement by her to go more green. Nevertheless, I don't think she thought she'd ever hear the phrase "quick bike ride" referenced to a 2.5 hour journey.

BorderReiver

Veteran
If my wife bought a bike I'd have to take up golf.

(Just kidding Dear...)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi there, i'm still slightly in shock to something my wife said on Sunday in relation to my Sunday cycling antics.

"You can go out as long as you like so long as you are back when you say you will be, 1 o'clock for all I care"

Now, I don't like taking the pee and disappearing for hours on end (nless I'm doing a big event ride), so I tend to go out for 2hrs 30mins max, so I can get say 40 miles / 60km in the bag.

Basically, as long as I am safe and stick to my timetable, or call her if i'm running late, she does not mind how long I take.

She is so good to me to be honest, never gives me a hard time about going out. I am blessed.

that is all you can ask for so enjoy

Top Bottom