What supps do you take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all, I'm 45 so obviously my body needs more help than it did once upon a time. With that in mind I take a few supps which, hopefully, help physiologically not just as a placebo.

I currently take:-
Q10
Magnesium
Turmeric
Cod liver oil
Bcaa's

Not including protein etc etc.

Anyone anything they would like to recommend? Either for cycling or my currently hellish depression.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get tested by your GP and then add vitamin D (as almost everyone who doesn’t spend all day in hot sunshine is deficient). Get a full bone profile done too (ie calcium)

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi all, I'm 45 so obviously my body needs more help than it did once upon a time. With that in mind I take a few supps which, hopefully, help physiologically not just as a placebo.

Q10
Magnesium
Turmeric
Cod liver oil
Bcaa's

Anyone anything they would like to recommend? Either for cycling or my currently hellish depression.

Are you I training for an event?

Milzy

Guru

Q10
Magnesium
Turmeric
Cod liver oil
Bcaa's

Do you think you’re really benefiting though? Seems expensive.

Get tested by your GP and then add vitamin D (as almost everyone who doesn’t spend all day in hot sunshine is deficient). Get a full bone profile done too (ie calcium)

I found out, following persuasion from my wife a couple of years ago, that daily vitamin D did help my mildly depressive or SAD moods, through the darker months. I still don't like those months but they don't get me as down as they used to. That's the only supplement I take.

OP
OP
7anceArmstrong
Do you think you’re really benefiting though? Seems expensive.

Nah, less than a fiver a week for the above. The focus its giving me helps to motivate me to be honest.

Beans on toast is a staple meal for me.

Sups = supplements
Not training for an event.

Thanks guys.

vickster

Legendary Member
I found out, following persuasion from my wife a couple of years ago, that daily vitamin D did help my mildly depressive or SAD moods, through the darker months. I still don't like those months but they don't get me as down as they used to. That's the only supplement I take.
I take it for muscle and joint issues

Top Bottom