What to do.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve just invested in a nice, high def, cycle camera. I’ve been collecting a whole lot of very nice, properly executed passes by motorists ( for the most part ) giving me plenty of room. This is the usual, and that’s fine and dandy. However, I do get some seriously moronic close passes. Today I got hit by a taxi, as he squeezed past, giving me bugger all room, and he drove off, having ( possibly ) not even realised what happened. I’d just been passed at stupidly close quarters by an idiot in a 4x4, who missed me by a cigarette paper’s width. I recovered it, and didn’t crash, but I went completely ballistic at the taxi driver, disappearing into the distance, and I was effing and jeffing, and turning the air blue. I have very very clear footage, his number plate and taxi licence number, and the hit and subsequent wobble, but there’s a lot of blasphemy going on. Is the footage still valid? What should I do with it. This dickhead needs to be taken to task before he kills someone.

Drago

Legendary Member
The footage is still technically valid. However, you've just completely undermined your own credibility as a witness, making a prosecution very awkward, possibly even committing public order offences yourself.

Its not easy, but if you're hoping to use the footage to stiff dangerous drivers - and quite right too - you need to keep your cool.

Which leaves the licensing officer at the carncil. They won't be so bothered about your tourettes, but will hopefully be keen to see evidence of one of their licencees behaving dangerously, so in your shoes that's the direction I'd nudge it.

Good luck.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
This is the reason I have the microphone switched off on my dash cam.

In the heat of a life and death moment rational thought and composure of your comments are not at the forefront of your mind.
As Drago says, try the council.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I'd report it. Follow the reporting instruction on the website to the letter
The only sticky point is that even I’m not 100 percent sure what clipped me, whether it was his mirror, or something pinged up off the road. He was way too close, that’s for sure, but I’ve been clipped by a bit of a car before, and was brought down, even though it was only a slight touch.

Slick

Guru
Top Bottom