What tours are you planning for next year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sabian92

Über Member
Looking at doing the north Wales coast with my missus - 2 days there, a few days in Llandudno, then 2 days back.

Bit less exotic than some here, but it's our first tour :laugh:

Hi, I see you're planning for approx 3 weeks, what sort of distance is that?

It would have been about 900 miles but we've changed our plans. Now getting the ferry to Le Havre a few days earlier, down to the Med (Narbonne'ish), then west taking in the Tourmalet, over the Pyrenees to Pamplona'ish then follow the cost to Santander. 'Should' be about 1200 miles over four weeks. We're calling it 'the three seas tour'.

Polite

Über Member
It would have been about 900 miles but we've changed our plans. Now getting the ferry to Le Havre a few days earlier, down to the Med (Narbonne'ish), then west taking in the Tourmalet, over the Pyrenees to Pamplona'ish then follow the cost to Santander. 'Should' be about 1200 miles over four weeks. We're calling it 'the three seas tour'.
Sounds good, looking for some inspiration for my own route this year. Thinking of the La vèlodyssée Atlantic route from Roscoff to Hendaye (1,245km). Not sure I can reconcile doing a pre-planned route though!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Something involving Washington State, British Columbia, Iowa, Illinois, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minesota, Michigan, Iowa, New York State, New Hampshire and Maine might supercede my previous plans if I get to line all my ducks in a row.

Most of my ducks are lined up. :hyper:

Got an interview at the US Embassy for an extended visa and once that's granted I can book the flights.

itchybeard

Next week I dock at Cherbourg. I will be in France for two weeks, unsure where to go but just want to enjoy.
First time being loaded with a tent, bag etc
Planning to cheaply as poss and aim for fields to pitch a tent.

Somebuddy

Über Member
Going to cycle from Basel to Rotterdam along the Rhine next year
Can I ask how you are getting to Basel and back from Rotterdam. I had this plan for my wife and I, her first tour. But, not liking the options for flying and boxing up the bikes. Having to buy bike boxes at the airport if they happen to have any left. (what if they don't).the overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam or Hull to Rotterdam is taking up quite a big chunk of the budget. mm Whats your route in and out of Europe?

OP
OP
robing

robing

Über Member
1 week today I depart for my 2 month tour of spain and France. I've had a lot of knee problems and had surgery and a cortisone injection, but it seems better now so hoping everything will be fine. Getting excited!

db7db7

Hoping (injury permitting, damn achilles!) to cycle from home to Harwich and then through holland, Belgium and skate through Luxembourg and Germany in to France before calais and home. Just over a week and for a charity in memory of my Dad who passed away at xmas.
Will shortly be seeking the expert advice of you great people to check routes etc.
Good luck to you all on your tours.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Hoping (injury permitting, damn achilles!) to cycle from home to Harwich and then through holland, Belgium and skate through Luxembourg and Germany in to France before calais and home. Just over a week and for a charity in memory of my Dad who passed away at xmas.
Will shortly be seeking the expert advice of you great people to check routes etc.
Good luck to you all on your tours.
You are doing that in a week ????? I hope you are fit.

What mileage are they getting you to do daily?

Blimey im doing that in July but over 4 weeks but not for charity.

db7db7

You are doing that in a week ????? I hope you are fit.

What mileage are they getting you to do daily?

Blimey im doing that in July but over 4 weeks but not for charity.

Been working on routes tbis week and am now heading to Harwich, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Dusseldorf, Leige, Charleville (Ardines) Calaid and trains home from Dover. Decided to sack off Luxembourg.
Shortest day is 80, longest 120.
What's your route?
Also, does anyone have any idea on predicted wind direction in the area in July? That will determine which direction I go (circular route but would like the wind behind me in certain areas if poss).

Top Bottom