What tours are you planning for next year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cypher

Thanks Loafer (just down the road) great pictures, if a little foggy. I will be on my 80s Carlton & I have a new pair of tyres to put on that have a deeper tread pattern, then just keep fingers crossed for no fairies, aswell as tubes & repair kit in my bag. Really looking forward to it.

Kev Riddehough

5th year for us this year. Proper bitten by touring bug.

May. Trans pennine trail
April around Wales with family
July South of France with family for 2nd year attempt at Ventoux after watching the tour on Alpe D'Huez

My uber tour would be Hebrides

Love touring

tournut

St Malo or Cherbourg down to Nantes then Eurovelo 6 to Basel,might hang a left up the Rhine or just carry on...
Am off to south america. Start west coast of states in august. Only country i will not be cycling is mexico. Bypass by plane then start of the big tour, dont have a time scale so will be taking my time, who knows may even settle down over there. My mate lives in argentina and i have told him that am coming over and asked me wot flight will be on, told him wot am doing he thinks am crazy. We only live once so hear goes.

robgul

Legendary Member
5 countries .... in June 9 of us are taking the train from home via London and Paris to Metz - then riding from there via Luxembourg along the Moselle to Koblenz, then the Rhine to Cologne before turning left to pass through the southern tip of Holland to Brussels and the train home. About 480 miles.

Rob

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Am extending my London to Brussels ride last of year and will be riding Brussels to Paris on the 16 June. Then on the 26th am considering the 24 hour London to Paris ride with DA.

Other than that, I have an idea for a tour of the Isle of wight, that I can't get out of my head. If I found the time I would really love to rent a motorcycle from Inverness and do the Scotland leg of my leJog in a couple of days, the scenery was breathtaking and I would love to be able to stop a little to soak it in.

Simon_m

Guru
Next year I and about 8 other friends I have roped in will be cycling from The Channel to the Med, (Caen harbor / Ouistreham down to Cassis. Organised the route, campsites etc myself and still looking for a support van driver.

thetribe

Über Member
The plan is to hopefully do Home -> Edinburgh and back, up The Coast & Castles, as a holiday this year, depending how my better half progresses with her cycling.

tournut

For me it's just a two - three day tour of North Wales getting to grips with cycle camping / touring. If I take to it, I may try the North to South Offa's dyke route, then, who knows...
If you get over to betws y coed, there is a 5* touring and campsite called riverside touring park , cost no more then £10pn 5min walk into village. I will be using it most of this year before the big tour am doing when i will be touring for 6months or more. South america, you never know we might meet up on the road if your that way. Enjoy ootini.

OP
OP
robing

robing

Über Member
Plan this year is to do some island hopping over a week using the CalMac Hopscotch ticket.

Starting in Oban > Barra > Eriskay > Uist's > Harris > Skye > Oban.

Snap! How are you getting from Skye to Oban? Presumably Armadale to Mallaig, then Lochaline to Fishnish, Craignure to Oban?

On Tuesday I'm starting my 1st ever tour; and it starts with a train to Exeter :smile:. I'm doing the south coast to Penzance then up to the north coast and along to Bristol where I'll spend a couple of days or so visiting family & friends. Then it's into Chepstow & following a cycle route to Holyhead. From there I'll be getting the ferry to Ireland and bimble around there for a while before getting a ferry back to the mainland. I'll then do a bit of southern Scotland before cycling back south to home.

At least, that's the plan at the moment; it's very much subject to whim & the weather. I'm planning to do a bit of temp work here & there to help keep the bank balance in the black though I have got enough money to keep me going for most, if not all, of the trip.

Top Bottom