What Turbo Trainer do you own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crandoggler

Cycleops fluid 2. Used it today, Like it.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Had cyclops fluid for 20 years, the seals went eventually. Jet Black Gel now, it takes time to warm up and become stable, the resistance is harder until it warms up. The characteristcs are very close to what I do on the road.

screenman

Legendary Member
Cateye CS-1000, good enough for Sir Chris so it has been fine for me. On the second one which his now 20 years old. If you ever see a second hand one buy it quickly.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am still waiting to be able to use such things on my Vortex Smart, I need to up grade the firware, ut the means of doing so though Android is not yet available

You must know someone with an iPad or iPhone, it only takes 5 minutes and then you won't need the idevice again.

Brava210

Über Member
I am still waiting to be able to use such things on my Vortex Smart, I need to up grade the firware, ut the means of doing so though Android is not yet available

I borrowed the wifes iphone as I also have Android. It does take literally 2 minutes to upgrade firmware

Got my self an Elite Muin as I wanted something quiet living in a block of flats and also quite liked that it was direct drive rather than rim driven, so no need for a spare wheel/ turbo tyre. Ideally I would have liked the model up with resistance settings and actual power but I couldn't justify that.

I borrowed the wifes iphone as I also have Android. It does take literally 2 minutes to upgrade firmware
Seems to be imminent. Not borrowed iPhone yet. May not have to

lukasran

bought a tacx vortex smart for zwift. cant reccomend it. it was very hit and miss calibrating it and after about 40 mins the variable resistance stopped working almost like it had engaged a self protection setting. when it did work it was a good experience with zwift and the auto resistance according to terrain,but the whole thing felt sub standard quality both software and hardware. also the max resistance simulated hill is 6% so a bit weak. I didnt perseveer with it and returned it.

MikeD111

I'm using the old Tacx system :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 75
Top Bottom