What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Noah's Castle (1979)... a seven part series set in a dystopian London, starring Mocksy from Auf Weidersein Pet, Zammo from Grange Hill and Mike Reid's beard. Inflation has gone bananas, there's a shortage of food, hoarding has been outlawed, looters run amock and can be shot on sight, and one family has a basement stocked with food... worth a watch if you like this sort of thing.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Working my way through Stargate SG-1. Easy-going sci-fi that doesn’t take itself too seriously.

I spent much of last year working away and staying hotels. I did get quite adicted to stargate and the various equally good spin offs repeated daily on one of the channels. By no means "great" sci fi or having much depth but enjoyable and undemanding entertaining which is sometimes just what you want

Lullabelle

Banana
BBC RB1 sounds of the 80's, metal, rock. Spandex, men with big hair :hyper:

David Lee Roth :wub:

Chris S

Legendary Member
The Durrells - I read 'My Family And Other Animals' for O'Level English Literature. For once a screenplay seems to have stayed fairly close to the book. I don't remember the profanities or sexual content though, perhaps we read the schools edition.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The Good Karma Hospital - the 'I am your father' moment reminded me of Star Wars.

It struck me that Amrita Acharia would make a good Eurovision contestant for the UK . She's half Ukranian and has connections to Norway. It doesn't matter whether she can sing or not, the voting is political.

Top Bottom