What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I don't know that one, I'm afraid. Metalworks is a documentary series about metals and how they are worked ^_^ - the latest one was about iron and blacksmiths, and it was fascinating.
definitely up my alley then, I will watch it. Forged in Fire is a competition series, a little like bake off for blacksmiths, though they only make weapons. Silly I know but for some reason I like it. I've learned to groan in horror when someone 'quenches' the blade in water, fools!

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
:laugh: When I had a horse I remember my farrier (I know, I know, not the same as a blacksmith, but many of the same skills) trying to educate me about what cherry red looks like and different quenching. It was to do with a very nice set of wrought iron fire tongs that I'd found.
^_^I had no clue what you meant, google is brilliant, I now know that you cherry red is the colour of the metal while forging. It shows how much skill is involved, to recognize the different colours, so you can tell from looking at it when its ready to be heat treated. Its interesting to see how they did it before we had handy things like thermometers

I'm sure a farrier is different but I'm guessing there is a lot of overlap in skills.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Limmy's Homemade Show - 10/10

Brian "Limmy" Limond, for those who don't know, is a Scottish comedian who I happen to find very funny (but isn't everyone's hing, much like all comedians I suppose). Having taken time away from TV to write two books of short stories he has returned with what I believe is a unique take on the sketch show: he got funding through Patreon, and if you gave enough he would make you a sketch.

The result is brilliant, ranging from his bizarre musings (see his "Thinking" bits in Charlie Brooker), through the surreal to the downright creepy.

Sandra6

Veteran
We've just binge watched "camping" on sky atlantic.
Not at all what I was expecting, but hilarious nonetheless.
We're also watching This Country , a mockumentary following the lives of two hapless "teens" in the cotswolds. 8/10

potsy

Rambler
I thought it got a lot better than its initial premise suggested, Id recommend sticking with it till season 2. I haven't gone back to it since I got caught up at that point though.
At the end of season 1 now, not really grabbed me enough to bother with season 2.

Also Prime are now showing The Walking Dead season 7 so that's me entertained* for a few days ^_^

* having just watched episode 1 even I was shocked at how violent it was, and I never thought I'd say that about a TV show :eek:

Dave Allen At Peace

Fantastic portrayal by Aiden Gillan:okay::okay:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09yj808/dave-allen-at-peace

I'm pretty certain that the sadistic Nun seen at the beginning, caning a young Davey, was Pauline McLynn (Mrs Doyle, in Father Ted)

Some of the sketches were re-enacted, & there were a couple that I'd never seen before, like the Nun in the Confessional Box, who admitted to beatings & kickings

Last edited:

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Finished Preacher series 2 , hard work after the first series, been watching an odd episode every few weeks.
Strange ,weird ,but i felt the need to watch it, i'm none the wiser for doing so.
I’ve just got to the end of series 1 and the last episode got a bit too surreal with too many holes for my liking, based on your observation I’m wondering if I should even bother to start watching series 2.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Finished Preacher series 2 , hard work after the first series, been watching an odd episode every few weeks.
Strange ,weird ,but i felt the need to watch it, i'm none the wiser for doing so.

I’ve just got to the end of series 1 and the last episode got a bit too surreal with too many holes for my liking, based on your observation I’m wondering if I should even bother to start watching series 2.

I loved the first series and watched the episodes more or less one after the other in a few days. I watched the first episode of series two ages ago and haven’t watched any more yet.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Yep, new series starts 13th April. I keep looking out for the books, but none of the charity shops around here ever seem to have any of them. ^_^
I also started reading the books after watching the TV series on Prime. I got the first from Awesome Books for around £2.60 (second hand), but most I have got on my Kindle. For some reason Amazon keep offering me the next one for 99p, so I have bought them when offered. I have read 7 so far, but have up to the 17th due to these cheap offers, although they have missed 2 out, but if they aren't offered I'll get them in used paperback from Awesome books.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Marcella (S2) It's been a slow burner, perhaps a couple of episodes too long and not quite lived up to the heights of S1. But that finale...
Genuinely, What The Flip? Seriously?

And really, really looking forward to the return of Gotham (S4) on E4 tonight

Top Bottom