What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pclay

Veteran
I've noted that lots of TV series are now on netflix, taking their source, or name from a film....

So I started watching 12 monkeys. Loving it so far, upto episode 6 of the 1st season.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
A lack of original ideas in TV Land?

“There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages.”

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Cunk on Britain. Not entirely sure how Diane Morgan keeps a straight face...I certainly can't :smile:
I watched episode two in the early hours of this morning, with headphones of course, out of respect for my neighbours... however when she said "Walter Raleigh was a great sailor, so why is he best known for his bikes?" I might have woken them. :blush:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Freeview seems to have gone wonky round here. For the last two weeks, we have been reduced to 22 channels of random rubbish, despite a couple of re-tune efforts. There's one in the high 700s that features young women writhing about with acute stomach pain or something. Instead, I decided to look at the birds in my nest box, via the spy cam. The acting was entirely natural, and things happened. Unlike in The Night Manager.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Freeview seems to have gone wonky round here. For the last two weeks, we have been reduced to 22 channels of random rubbish, despite a couple of re-tune efforts. There's one in the high 700s that features young women writhing about with acute stomach pain or something. Instead, I decided to look at the birds in my nest box, via the spy cam. The acting was entirely natural, and things happened. Unlike in The Night Manager.
Were you watching tits?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I watched episode two in the early hours of this morning, with headphones of course, out of respect for my neighbours... however when she said "Walter Raleigh was a great sailor, so why is he best known for his bikes?" I might have woken them. :blush:

Another brilliant episode. Takes a lot to make me genuinely LOL but she guarantees a good few per episode.

I particularly like the reactions from the experts, the big fella in the grey suit was absolutely raging and the wee mad professor guy was clearly loving it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Another brilliant episode. Takes a lot to make me genuinely LOL but she guarantees a good few per episode.

I particularly like the reactions from the experts, the big fella in the grey suit was absolutely raging and the wee mad professor guy was clearly loving it.
...and the guy in episode one trying to answer the question 'What is the most political thing to happen in Britain?'

Chris S

Legendary Member
The re-run of Fawlty Towers on Yesterday. I can't believe how dated it is. Two of the plot lines involve an unmarried couple sharing a room and people smoke cigarettes for no reason. All the hotel staff are British, apart from Manuel who is the only EU national. Today it would be the other way around.

Top Bottom