What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Lost in Space...Netfix version of the Swiss family Robinson.
It's ok, quite enjoying it. It' not full on CGI, or at least it doesn't feel like it.

Chris S

Legendary Member
'The Story of the Jews' with Simon Schama. In the last episode he announced that he was a Zionist in the same indignant tone of voice that Harvey Proctor used to announce that he was a homosexual.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Started Top of the Lake last night. Peter Mullan and Elisabeth Moss are two of my favourites and seeing them in starring roles whose paths are set on a collision course is excellent!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Started watching Game of Thrones from beginning. Never watched it before. It’s quite good. Too much gratuitous flesh, but it doesn’t get in the way of the story overly much. Currently on episode 3 of season 2. My favourite character has to be Tyrian Lannister who is simply lots of fun. Jon Snow is brooding which is fine in short doses. Joffrey is a sociopath. Robb Stark misses his father. Daenerys Targaryen is going to be a powerful force. Stanis Baratheon’s witch is one to watch.

Looking forward to watching more. I want to know what lurks further north of the Wall.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Legion

Watched the first series and started the second last night

X-Men meets Twin Peaks is the best description I can give it

Compellingly strange :eek:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Legion

Watched the first series and started the second last night

X-Men meets Twin Peaks is the best description I can give it

Compellingly strange :eek:
I'm getting quite intrigued about this TV series, and have read good things about it. I think I'll watch it once it's all available on DVD (yes, very old-fashioned of me, I know).

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I finished watching my It Ain't Half Hot Mum box set. The episodes were variable. In general I liked the series set in India more than those in Burma. The last episode was good when they were all getting demobbed.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just watched the first two episodes of Cunk on Britain.

Very, very funny - looks and feels like a "proper" BBC4 historical documentary though.
I think it will stand repeated watches too as there are so many clever lines I'm sure I'll have missed some.

"There was nothing to eat but bread. It was a bad time to be gluten intolerant, but the middle class hadn't been invented yet so people just got on with it"

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Just watched the first two episodes of Cunk on Britain.

Very, very funny - looks and feels like a "proper" BBC4 historical documentary though.
I think it will stand repeated watches too as there are so many clever lines I'm sure I'll have missed some.

"There was nothing to eat but bread. It was a bad time to be gluten intolerant, but the middle class hadn't been invented yet so people just got on with it"

Yes, she is funny.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I've just looked up It Ain't Half Hot Mum on the BBC, and it answered a few questions.

Bombardier Solly left after the second series because he was not getting enough good lines. Windsor Davies was getting them. I wondered if he'd been kicked off. Several of the other characters like Gunner Clark or Gunner Evans did not get many lines either. I wondered why they stuck it (because there are a lot more actors than TV parts I suppose). Some of the other actors, like the one who play La-di-da Gunner Graham, you just cannot imagine acting in anything else.

The company moved to Burma after Michael Bates who played the bearer died of cancer. I wondered why he left to go back and find his wife and whichever children he had wandering about. His character came from generations of loyal British Army bearers and was very proud of the fact.

Some of that series was pretty good.

Apparently the role of Battery Sergeant Major was offered to Leonard Rossiter. He turned the script down because he thought the role was too caricatured. I just can't imagine him doing it.

Top Bottom