What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been watching both Railroad Australia and Outback Truckers on Discovery.

I've always had an interest in Australia, even more so in extreme nature. The vast distances, empty spaces and relentless sun and heat makes for enjoyable watching.

Recommended viewing if that's your kind of thing.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The second series of Salamanda, on BBC4. An odd Belgium political thriller set in Brussels. Strangely alluring.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I used to really enjoy the initial It's Not Easy Being Green' series, where Dick, family & wife of the time, bought the small-holding in Cornwall, near St Austell
I still envy that life/self-sufficiency
Found this on YouTube. I’ve watched the first episode and it looks good. Total self-sufficiency. A worthy goal, but I’m not sure how achievable. I look forward to watching more.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Bit short on things to watch so started designated survivor season 2.

How do they keep a straight face?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll be watching Killie on BBC Alba at 6pm this evening, playing Hibs. Been one hell of a game and not one I actually mind losing as Killie have already surpassed my expectations for the season, as have Hibs to be honest.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Started Top of the Lake last night. Peter Mullan and Elisabeth Moss are two of my favourites and seeing them in starring roles whose paths are set on a collision course is excellent!

3 episodes in and loving it, but one thing has me confused, what season is it meant to be set in? One minute a character is wrapped up like they're staving off hypothermia, then they're cutting about in shorts and a t shirt.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
3 episodes in and loving it, but one thing has me confused, what season is it meant to be set in? One minute a character is wrapped up like they're staving off hypothermia, then they're cutting about in shorts and a t shirt.

If NZ is anything like the Highlands of Scotland I've been blown off my feet in a blizzard one day (strictly speaking flipped over whilst kneeling down with dug in ice axe) and sunburnt in shirtsleeves the next

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Sounds like Spring.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
If NZ is anything like the Highlands of Scotland I've been blown off my feet in a blizzard one day (strictly speaking flipped over whilst kneeling down with dug in ice axe) and sunburnt in shirtsleeves the next

Yeah, I could believe it day to day, but this is in the space of half an hour, or so it seems. A minor criticism of an excellent show.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Wolcott (ITV 1981)... this hard hitting crime drama pulls no punches, and nor does it's central character, hard hitting black cop Wolcott pulls no punches as he battles the drugs trade in London's east end whilst facing both racism and corruption in the force. The first episode is worth a watch... especially if like me, you enjoy playing what the feck were they in and where do i know that face from... there's a street agitator ranting on about the Tories portrayed by Alexi Sayle. The angry heckler played by Keith Allen, and the thuggish cop played by Rik Mayal. It got a bit silly in the last two episodes but started out well.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had half an eye and a quarter of an ear on The Great Rift. It seemed to be largely composed of self-congratulating cameramen and producers poncing about in the dark whispering about how bloody clever they were. I can get that in London, man! Just show us the monkeys and shut up.

Stephenite

Membå
Cobra Kai

34 years after the final of the All Valley Under-18 Karate Championships...

Ten part series, each half hour long, on Yute oub.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Last night I watched Friday Night Live, featuring Kylie Minogue amongst others. Most of the audience were teenagers and most of her fans would be old enough to be their parents. It would have been a bit like The Word featuring Tommy Steele in the 1980s.

Top Bottom