What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Last night I watched Friday Night Live, featuring Kylie Minogue amongst others. Most of the audience were teenagers and most of her fans would be old enough to be their parents. It would have been a bit like The Word featuring Tommy Steele in the 1980s.
Worse still it is the first time I have seen this and the flat tone start by Kylie and no glasses on I thought it was a look a like programme, even more so given the title.

I’ve been watching the 3rd season of Billions.

It really is rather good.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Watched the 1st episode of Picnic at Hanging Rock last night... enjoyable but not sure what to make of it. Stylish, yes. Over-stylised, quite probably. I'll watch episode two before I judge it further.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Tonight, Midsomer.

Also still enjoying Lucifer on Prime, although gutted it's been cancelled by Fox in America - hopefully it will be picked up by someone else as it's still one of the best shows on Prime.

Which brings me to Bosch, which is the best show on any platform (in my opinion) and is as well scripted and acted as ever. With only the last couple of episodes of S4 left to watch it will leave a big hole in our telly watching.

I might give American Gods another try.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Watching my first ever episode of midsomer murders. It will also be my last.
The plot is ludicrous and the acting dire.
I laughed when that young lad was stabbed by the knife dropped from the drone.

To be fair, it's not been the same since Bergerac left.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Bare Knuckle Fight Club

Not the testosterone fuelled rampage you'd expect from the title (though there are some brutal fight scenes), but a thoughtful and at times very moving documentary following the fortunes of underground boxers. I'm only a couple of episodes in but am already pretty sure the efforts of Shaun Smith, the guy trying to legitimise the sport, are not going to end well.

Well worth a watch, even if fighting isn't your thing.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Currently binge watching Salvage Squad from 2002/3 ish... the blackpool 'Jubilee' tram was an absolute beauty when refurbished. Suggs is a far better presenter than that bloke who hosted series one.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
interesting programme, although he is a proper scumbag but there is a deep sadness, inner turmoil that is very much opposite to the image he projects.

Yeah, you can see this sort of defeated rage in eyes. A very troubled guy who has clearly made terrible decisions and know he will be haunted by them forever.

Top Bottom