What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Finished watch The Purge season 1 (rubbish) .now watch Man in High Tower (mostly rubbish).

Why doninwatch rubbish? Because I like to have something on in t the background that I don't pay much attention to (or is THAT why I think it's rubbish?)
Man in the High Castle?...not seen any of it, but there's a UK TV series from c1977 called An Englishman's Castle. Much the same premise, but really quite excellent if you can find it.

simonali

Guru
I've just started watching Ozark on Netflix. It's quite good. Anyone who liked Breaking Bad will probably enjoy it. 8/10

I gave it a go, but couldn't get my head around why no one just killed him?

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I’ve just started watching Bosch on Prime and it looks promising.

Other things I’ve enjoyed watching on Prime:
Mad Dogs
Outlander
Hand of God
Extant
Royal Pains - highly recommend
Suits - highly recommend

But things I gave up on:
The 100
Sneaky Pete
The Tick
Preacher
Mozart in the Jungle

I also watched most of Last Man in Earth, which is ok if your only other option is watching paint dry.
I finished watching Bosch and enjoyed it but the acting was a bit “ify” in places and Bosch’s head seemed to be stuck on his shoulders at a permanent tilt.

Based on the feedback from this thread I decided to give “The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel” a go. I didn’t really like the first couple of episodes, but with a bit of a mind shift I got into it and even found myself enjoying it in places.

I’ve now just started on “Jack Ryan” and so far it’s looking promising.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Dracula 1958 with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. I used to love the Hammer classics when I was a teenager. I remember my brothers and I used to watch them on Saturday nights.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Little Drummer Girl - absorbing and some fine acting too.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Got to agree - it looked great in the trailer (but don't they all?), but only made it to Ep 3 ourselves and have no great inclination to finish the series off.
I watched while doing other things from episode three onwards. If I’d have sat down purposefully to watch each episode with my full attention I’d would have switched it off and not returned to it.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Narcos - Mexico

An excellent companion/spin off from the Colombian series, focussing this time on Felix Gallardo's efforts to build a cannabis empire. I really like the whole aesthetic of these shows, they are beautiful and brutal.

Top Bottom