What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Startup on Prime is pretty good.

One thing I have noticed about American TV is how many actors there must be yet they have Brits playing Americans and how often the same actors appear in different series. Just seems odd given the assumed large pool of potential actors.

I quite fancied watching Startup, but was put off by the fact it stars Martin Freeman, who seems to be inexplicably developing into a national thespian treasure, despite playing exactly the same character (albeit with an occasionally wandering accent) in everything he's in - a crime Julie Walters is also guilty of.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I quite fancied watching Startup, but was put off by the fact it stars Martin Freeman, who seems to be inexplicably developing into a national thespian treasure, despite playing exactly the same character (albeit with an occasionally wandering accent) in everything he's in - a crime Julie Walters is also guilty of.
It's strange, but I also felt the lead in Ozark was playing Martin Freeman playing the part as Marty.

He is not a lead role in start up, don't be put off by it

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Jack Whitehall - Travels with my father.

I don't like Whitehall for a variety of reasons, but his dad makes this absolutely hilarious. Well worth a watch.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Quite enjoyed the Great Model Railway Challenge... although it would have been better if it wasn't a game show. There's were some spectacular sets, and the overall winner was well deserved.

Also binged watched some Canadian crime drama called Durham County... not bad, but the main cop's past involvement with both killer and one of the victims felt a bit too convoluted.

And Anne with an E is still as charming as ever.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just watched Ep 1 of Dark Heart on the ITV Player, which nearly missed us by. Very good so far.

The new series of Escape to the Chateau on C4 has managed to maintain interest although the faux-crisis "guests are arriving in 10 seconds - will the tent be put up in time?" nonsense and incessant recaps after every advertisement break are starting to get a bit wearing.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The new series of Escape to the Chateau on C4 has managed to maintain interest although the faux-crisis "guests are arriving in 10 seconds - will the tent be put up in time?" nonsense and incessant recaps after every advertisement break are starting to get a bit wearing.

I know what you mean about the ramped-up suspense and normally would fully agree, however in this episode I thought that Angel genuinely looked extremely stressed albeit of her own doing (having a fully booked campsite without having yet constructed the campsite and only have 5 weeks to complete it).

Chris S

Legendary Member
Children in Need Rocks - Clara Mofo was wearing a dress with lopsided shoulders. I wasn't quite sure if was the latest fashion or whether she was just wearing it for a joke.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just watched The Book Thief on Film 4. Quite enjoyed it.

It's a really good film. Not my typical movie type at all but I enjoyed it. Emily Watson is very good in it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Watched a terrific documentary on David Rodigan - BBC reggae legend, revered by fans worldwide. Wonderful accounts of how when he was introduced and came on-stage for live 'duels' against Jamaica's top DJs the audience would be gaping open-mouthed. No-one knew. And here was this 'middle aged white guy who looked like a dentist'. He won too - often. 'Judging' being by audience response. Wonderful. English eccentricity at its best.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

similarly, George Clarke's Old House New Home has the bit at the end "And this is what your old home looks like now!" followed by pretend gasps and ooohs and aahhs from the owners, who've just done all the blooming work and know exactly what it looks like. If anything it should the owners showing George their new/old sitting room, not the other way around. Television needn't be so contrived.

Last edited:

mustang1

Guru
Finished watch The Purge season 1 (rubbish) .now watch Man in High Tower (mostly rubbish).

Why doninwatch rubbish? Because I like to have something on in t the background that I don't pay much attention to (or is THAT why I think it's rubbish?)

Top Bottom