What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Das Boot - Sky Atlantic (all 8 episodes on demand now)

I though this would be just an English language remake of the classic subtitled German classic TV mini series - How wrong I was

This a set some months later than the original - this is a mixture of the original Das Boot and Die Festung novels, and focuses not only on the U-Boat crew but the emerging resistance movement in La Rochelle - both stories linked by the radio operator on the U-boat and his sister a translator who gets mixed up in espionage, after running a last minute errand for her brother.

It is still subtitled, but has a mixture of French, German and English dialog

Be warned ! There are some upsetting scenes

By far the best thing I have seen in a while and I am only up to episode 4

10/10

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nightflyers, net netflix syfi. Good so far.

Talking of classic progs, rewatching Rumpole of the Bailey. Leo McKern is the definitive, curmudgeonly Rumpole and Marion Mathis is simply perfect as "She who must be obeyed". I'd forgotten how funny and clever it was - unusual for Thames TV!

Edit: Marion Mathie

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Watched another episode of Magnum PI - ok as far as it goes, but it's just too similar to Hawaii 5-0 to be watched at the same time.
Ex Navy SEAL solving crimes against good looking people with a background of beautiful tropical scenery, complete with supporting cast crossovers? Yep, Steve McGarret already has that covered.

I'll no doubt watch more, but only as filler.

The Good Doctor has returned and is as good as ever. One of the best shows on at the moment.

The Grand Tour continues to entertain - yes, I know it's marmite telly and people love it or hate it, but if you think it's all middle aged men dicking about in cars just watch the segment about Jim Clark in this week's episode.

Looking forward to Endeavour returning on Sunday - I never really got into Morse, but this prequel is must see TV in our house.

Top Bottom