What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Be even better next week..

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Binge watched The Last Kingdom and now Binge watching Vikings (Amazon). The former is far the better of the two imo.

Also wading through The Last Kingdom on Kindle as it appears that we are having a viking phase in our house at the mo'. Lovely Wife is all 'Tudored out' and has wound the clock back 4 or 5 centuries.

Heckler

I gave up on DC hero shows a while back when Arrow introduced 'the magic hot tub' in Tibet that meant a character could get killed one week, get dunked and be back the following week, but watched Titans and that was alright so I thought, yeah maybe I'll catch up on The Flash. Jaysus on a Unicycle, if they sacked the writing team and employed a large number of monkeys it couldn't be worse.

"I threw the philosopher's stone into the speed force and accidentally saw the future."

Between that and the need to have a character flounce and have another character say 'hey, I'll talk to him' every other fecking scene. It's like bad fan fiction written by someone who has never actually met another human being and tried to imagine how human beings interacted. I'm sure somewhere a DC exec is scratching his head wondering why DC product never makes as much money as Marvel, yep no idea either pal. So yeah in the parlance of the muppets who write this tut 'I'm like totally over the Flash' or as it has become known in the Heckler household 'The Gash'.

It's like bad fan fiction written by someone who has never actually met another human being and tried to imagine how human beings interacted.
Surely that's a description of all fan fiction? :smile:
But yes, I know what you mean, there is something really special about DC script writers.
Not that Marvel don't make duds: I give you Inhumans! And let's be fair, the Iron Fist did his own share of flouncing :rolleyes:

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
New LG 55 inch

JEALOUS! Can I come play GTA V on it?!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Shetland.

[QUOTE 5534642, member: 9609"]it was alright, I like shetland, its never too difficult to follow. ( I can have an odd snooze and still keep up with the plot)[/QUOTE]

Also enjoyed Shetland, but my goodness the pacing was slow - it's always been a slow burn type of show but it was positively glacial last night - even the low speed car crash!

Heckler

Not that Marvel don't make duds: I give you Inhumans! And let's be fair, the Iron Fist did his own share of flouncing :rolleyes:

Also see Cloak and Dagger which whilst incredibly well written as drama, was also incredibly flat and slow, a ten episode build up to super heros eventually doing super things, I can only hope for more from season 2. I agree Iron Fist also has those angst moments in abundance, come on lad get fisting, I'm getting bored here. Wait, that doesn't sound right....

Top Bottom