What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I watched Cycling Nomads on Amazon Prime after it was mentioned on here. It was OK, but I would have done far more research about the places I was visiting. I couldn’t get into it for that reason, all I kept thinking was ‘be more organised!’ I think they would have had a much better, more interesting trip with far fewer problems. I felt sorry for the Aussie though.

Levo-Lon

Guru
goliath. On Amazon prime. It's rather good.

Billy Bob is brilliant

Levo-Lon

Guru
Also enjoyed Shetland, but my goodness the pacing was slow - it's always been a slow burn type of show but it was positively glacial last night - even the low speed car crash!

It does make me chuckle, little town and the old bill dont know everyone..
They should just pop in the post office, solved

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5534918, member: 9609"]I must have missed that bit, so it couldn't have been that slow. was it an important bit of the plot ?[/QUOTE]

Yes... I think the whole series hinges on this. .. :laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Binge watched The Last Kingdom and now Binge watching Vikings (Amazon). The former is far the better of the two imo.

Also wading through The Last Kingdom on Kindle as it appears that we are having a viking phase in our house at the mo'. Lovely Wife is all 'Tudored out' and has wound the clock back 4 or 5 centuries.

Ive just watched 2 episodes of The Last Kingdom.
I love the Vikings, im the other way, im finding the TLK a bit lame..

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[QUOTE 5534245, member: 9609"]I know I said the other day that Two Doors Down had turned to rubbish - BUT - just watched the latest episode (deaf woman) this is the funniest half hour I have had in front of the box for ages, bloody brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Yes - just watched it and it was easily the best episode of the very hit and miss current run. Laugh out loud funny.

Also see Cloak and Dagger which whilst incredibly well written as drama, was also incredibly flat and slow, a ten episode build up to super heros eventually doing super things, I can only hope for more from season 2. I agree Iron Fist also has those angst moments in abundance, come on lad get fisting, I'm getting bored here. Wait, that doesn't sound right....

We started watching this and gave up on account of the high levels of genericness and not much really happening. I'm not tempted to try again from your review.

goliath. On Amazon prime. It's rather good.

Billy Bob is brilliant

Watched a couple of episodes of Goliath when we first got Prime. I really enjoyed it but Mrs ND not so much, so it sort of slipped off the radar when we started watching Bosch (which really is excellent and worth the Prime subscription on it's own).
Might have to give it another go while I'm on the turbo. Or maybe try American Gods again, which was good but very odd.

And talking of Prime, New Amsterdam is a new hospital based drama inspired by a true story, and well worth a watch. It's a cut above most medical dramas (the excellent Good Doctor excepted) and stars the incomparable Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones from Doctor Who).

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Century Falls (1993)... six part teen drama... some weird village with no kids, apart from the three who recently moved in... and the unborn baby. It's not bad, not great but it's passing the time away. It's an early Russel T Davis story... which is what drew me to it.

Widows (198?)... six part crime drama that was quite big at the time, i recall. The wives of some dead robbers do what should have been their husbands' next big job. It's not bad, not great but it's passing the time away... and i do like all the old cars on the street scenes.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Call me a snob but i don't have much faith in Channel 5 documentaries... but i did watch Digging up Britain's Past because it was about the Pendle Witches and those trials were held in Lancaster. It didn't get off to a good start with this slide...
Digging Up Britain's Past S01E06 (09 Feb 2019) HDTV 540p x264-CF.mkv_000170660.png

:cursing:

postman

Legendary Member
Frank Castle as Punisher on Netflix oh i do love a bit of gore.Sorry to say Netflix freezes at some point,so much so you have to reboot the tv app,trouble is it is happening three and four times per viewing,so today between 08-00 and 12-00 Virgin are sending someone out to check the Tivo box over.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Frank Castle as Punisher on Netflix oh i do love a bit of gore.Sorry to say Netflix freezes at some point,so much so you have to reboot the tv app,trouble is it is happening three and four times per viewing,so today between 08-00 and 12-00 Virgin are sending someone out to check the Tivo box over.

Ours does that, so much so we always swatch NetFlix using a laptop via a cable plugged into the TV.

postman

Legendary Member
Virgin man been,what a great bloke.All connections and speeds got top marks,so he gave up an upgrade and we got a new box,it seems the old one and it was old was on it's last legs.Looking forward to watching Netflix tonight.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
True Detective Season 3. Just watched two episodes, its pretty good, not as good as season 1 so far, as that was awesome, but better than season 2 as I thought that was pants.. Going to start watching the new version of Das Boot, I've never seen the original, but I've read quite a bit about the Kriegsmarine, Otto Kretschmer etc. So I should enjoy it..

Top Bottom