What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Watched episodes 4&5 of Fleabag S2 and sadly the quality appears to have tailed off.

Started watching The Victim but I gave up after 20 mins as I found it dull although Lovely Wife watched the first three ep's back to back and then apparently dozed off at about 1pm last night otherwise she would've watched all four. She thought it was v.good but then she likes courtroom type dramas.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Watched episodes 4&5 of Fleabag S2 and sadly the quality appears to have tailed off.

Started watching The Victim but I gave up after 20 mins as I found it dull although Lovely Wife watched the first three ep's back to back and then apparently dozed off at about 1pm last night otherwise she would've watched all four. She thought it was v.good but then she likes courtroom type dramas.

Fleabag.... I just dont see anything funny..
I love everything from Bernard Manning to lee evans.. No laughing from me either..

Levo-Lon

Guru
Series 4 In the line of duty.. .weird so far, there good but really its all about slimy 2 faced creepy self obsessed c_-%# but great tv.. Very binge

'Talk Africa' on CGTN. I may well turn over in a bit .....
20190413_185232.jpg

1. Amelia was watching The Simpsons' the other evening
There was a segment, where Homer was drinking Moonshine, with Cletus
Then Moe arrives on a Horse

Thankfully she didn't realise why I started laughing

A bit of 'You Tube' searching found the clip
One point though, why is Moe crying....
Scene from about 00:35 - 01:20

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOy6LOgM_cY

2. Earlier, I was watching the beginning of an episode 'Star-Trek : The next Generation'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Due_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

The opening sequence showed Date (the android, played by Brent Spiner) was acting the part of Ebeneezer Scrooge, in the Holo-Suite (I can explain, if anyone wants?)
If anyone's not familiar with the series, the Captain of the Enterprise is played by Patrick Stewart!!
Quite apart from being a Yorkshire lad, amongst his many other roles, he played Scrooge!
Both in a feature film of 'Christmas Carol', & in a one-man stage play!
A nice juxtaposition of roles

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdBTtYl_08w

Last edited:
2. Earlier, I was watching the beginning of an episode 'Star-Trek : The next Generation'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Due_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

The opening sequence showed Date (the android, played by Brent Spiner) was acting the part of Ebeneezer Scrooge, in the Holo-Suite (I can explain, if anyone wants?)
If anyone's not familiar with the series, the Captain of the Enterprise is played by Patrick Stewart!!

Quite apart from being a Yorkshire lad, amongst his many other roles, he played Scrooge!
Both in a feature film of 'Christmas Carol', & in a one-man stage play!
A nice juxtaposition of roles

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdBTtYl_08w

Initially 'word for word'

Levo-Lon

Guru
Bbc1. Earth from Space, fascinating programme

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
BBC2: MotherFatherSon (binge watched episodes 1-6 on iPlayer). Seems to draw parallels with certain real life events and people - enjoying it so far.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Joanna Dennehy itv
Recorded, ill watch it later.
An ex employee of mine was sent down for aiding an offender.
One sick woman.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'll start with the good stuff

Bosch - S5 on Prime Video (in 4K). The best show on Prime quietly returns and it is just as good as ever. Honestly, this show is so well written, acted and shot that it is worth the subscription on it's own and I'm looking forward to binge watching the rest of this series as soon as I get time. The seedy underbelly of LA has never looked better.

Goliath - S2 (also Prime). Just finished this and after a slow start it built well. Billy Bob Thornton remains one of the worlds finest thespians and this show is now must see TV for me. Looking forward to S3, due in a couple of months.

Preacher (Prime). Another great series that I'm a bit late to, set in the heart of rural Texas but with a Brit heavy cast. Once you get past one of the Dingles from Emmerdale in a supporting role it's an instantly watchable, well crafted drama with a thread of often very dark humour running through it. I'm about half way through S1 now and looking forward to the rest.

The Grand Tour (Prime) - yes, if you don't like Clarkson and chums you probably won't like this show, but it remains one of the funniest shows on the box. S3 has just finished, but a couple of the road trip shows were must see TV (Mongolia especially) and the tribute to the "mid sized Ford saloon" in the series finale was a wonderfully crafted piece of television for anyone who has even a passing interest in social history, let alone cars.

Line of Duty (BBC) -it's all building nicely now and I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. Probably the best thing on mainstream telly at the moment, although I'm aware that isn't saying much. Please don't let Ted be H....

And the bad:

Hawaii 5-0 (Now TV) - we're now on S9 of the once unmissable reboot of the classic show and I'm starting to think that they've definitely jumped the shark. The last couple of seasons have had a few duff episodes (perhaps unsurprisingly given they typically produce 26 episodes a season), but this series has been poor with far too many clunkers. A shame and I hope they can turn it round.

Don't forget the Driver (BBC) - enjoyed Ep 1 but was really disappointing by Ep 2. I'll probably stick with it as anything with Toby Jones in is worth a second chance.

Ghosts (BBC) - a prime time grown up comedy from the team that brought us the hugely well regarded Horrible History kids show. What could possibly go wrong? Well, quite a lot judging by the first episode as it managed to be terrifyingly unfunny.

Top Bottom