What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Ghosts (BBC) - a prime time grown up comedy from the team that brought us the hugely well regarded Horrible History kids show. What could possibly go wrong? Well, quite a lot judging by the first episode as it managed to be terrifyingly unfunny.
I loved that first episode. Deeply silly and very clever.

The iPlayer has got Inside Number 9 from the beginning at the moment. I saw episode 2 last night - a treat of a murderous silent farce.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Joanna Dennehy itv
Recorded, ill watch it later.
An ex employee of mine was sent down for aiding an offender.
One sick woman.

Wasted my record memory on this crap
What a load of drivel...
Suzanna Reid.. What a crap reporter "daily mail" would sack her..

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
after putting my PC in a box a fortnight ago... finally got it out and caught up with Line of Duty... enjoyable but I'm thinking it's just a bit too convoluted... best series so far were 1 & 2.

Still need to catch up with GD The Street, The Bay (only watching because it's local, and Al Murrey's Pub Quiz.

I also recently watched Punk, a 4 pt doc about err... punk rock. Episode one, the early days of US punk was very good. Episode 2, the UK punk movement focused mostly on the sex pistols, was also a good watch. Episode three, post punk punk, not bad... but the final episode had me shouting at the telly... Nirvana are not punk. Green Day are not punk... it's almost as if the producers din't know there was a British punk scene after the Sex Pistols and The Clash... not a single mention of Discharge, SLF, Subhumans, Exploited amongst others... or the very vibrant punk scene that's still going in the UK to this day ... no, they gave us Nirvana, L7 and bloody Green Day.... shocking! :eek:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Rebellion (Netflix)

Two seasons of this are available so far - it's a series covering the fight for an Irish Republic, starting from the Easter Rising in 1916.

I'm certainly no expert on the period (I've visited the museum in the GPO, read Clair Willis' account of the rising and its place in Irish culture and am reading Robert McKee's book about Irish Nationalism at the moment) but the history seems solid enough, and the fictional characters woven through aren't too intrusive. I was pleased to see Paul Ritter (who I can only see as Martin from Friday Night Dinner) in the second series.

The 100 (Season 5, Amazon Prime)

If you're worried that gyms and orthodontry would be scarce during an apocalypse, worry no longer - they're evidently widely available in the world of the 100, a show that I know is preposterous, but like anyway. In this season, Clarke et al face a new threat, and the warring factions must come together to defeat it. Enjoyable tosh, and you can watch from the beginning at no extra charge if you have Prime Video.

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Rebellion (Netflix)

Two seasons of this are available so far - it's a series covering the fight for an Irish Republic, starting from the Easter Rising in 1916.

I'm certainly no expert on the period (I've visited the museum in the GPO, read Clair Willis' account of the rising and its place in Irish culture and am reading Robert McKee's book about Irish Nationalism at the moment) but the history seems solid enough, and the fictional characters woven through aren't too intrusive. I was pleased to see Paul Ritter (who I can only see as Martin from Friday Night Dinner) in the second series.

The 100 (Season 5, Amazon Prime)

If you're worried that gyms and orthodontry would be scarce during an apocalypse, worry no longer - they're evidently widely available in the world of the 100, a show that I know is preposterous, but like anyway. In this season, Clarke et al face a new threat, and the warring factions must come together to defeat it. Enjoyable tosh, and you can watch from the beginning at no extra charge if you have Prime Video.

Clark is the Doomsday device :laugh:

As you say its a fun watch in a wildly ridiculous way..

(Horror channel) Star-Trek Deep Space 9. & a (recorded) new episode of (from Discovery channel) Diesel Brothers last night

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiscretion_(Star_Trek:_Deep_Space_Nine)

Amongst this weeks builds, a heavy-haulage Kenworth
And........ a plan to fly a plane under a jumping Monster Truck!!!:wacko:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o_mHZ2M3oM

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
By accident we stumbled upon a heap of crud called Glow Up.

Basically young Make Up Artists (MUA's) doing their thing in a contestant elimination by week style show.

Cue two hopelessly OTT hosts - one of whom annoyingly spouts the phrase 'Ding dong' on numerous occasions. The other imitates an egg with a strange whirly moustache attached to the front of it - all perched on top of a torso clad with a T-shirt printed by a psychotic laser printer determined to use the full range of its colour palette at every opportunity.

Cue Stacey Dooley as the contestants shoulder to lean on whilst they blub, sob and pour their fragile hearts out.

Cue lots of hugging, OTT celebrations, OTT commiserations and various non-verbal affectations.

And marvel when a contestant flounces off out through the fire door when their emotions go into hyper-drive - closely followed by Stacey who morphs into Labrador mode and rushes off to retrieve them after a cuddle on the outside steps and a few words of wisdom that manage to piece the contestants lives back together tout de suite.

Hopefully this clutch of soppy youth are not totally representative of the rest of their peer group.

1 out of 10 as some of the make up is quite pretty to look at.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
***THE BAY SPOILER ALERT***
Final Episode of The Bay - bit of an anti climax really? I did love the intricacies of the characters and all the sub stories going on - but when it was revealed the murder wasn't actually murder, or pre-meditated, or to do with drugs - it was a simple accident - just was a bit like....:dry:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
***THE BAY SPOILER ALERT***
Final Episode of The Bay - bit of an anti climax really? I did love the intricacies of the characters and all the sub stories going on - but when it was revealed the murder wasn't actually murder, or pre-meditated, or to do with drugs - it was a simple accident - just was a bit like....:dry:
Bit of a wet cabbage of a series and very bog standard... with the emphasis on the 'bog' ...there wasn't even a spectacular Morecambe Bay sunset.

PS... the forum has a spoiler button to hide spoilers :okay:

Top Bottom