What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday channel
This episode featured the Bucyrus-Erie, between Allerton Bywater & Swillington (just north-west of Castleford), known as Odd Ball
http://www.walkingdragline.org/history/

It's a big beastie, I've been there a few times myself. & after the draining of the open-cast, toured the site, on an open day
Slightly worrying being so deep in the ground, having known what had happened there

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Brooklyn 99 (s6, All4)

I'm not a huge fan of the Doug Judy episiodes, but have to say that this one wasn't bad.

The Tick (s2, Prime)

I liked the first season quite a lot, and The Tick and Arthur are back for another season. The second series expands some of the minor characters a little more, with Dot and Overkill getting some decent story lines, and the series as a whole feeling more assured in terms of tone.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It had nothing on Broadchurch....:wub:
Broadchurch made the mistake of Broadchurch 2 and Broadchurch 3 though... hopefully The Bay ends here.

One thing that made me laugh about The Bay was the teams of divers searching the sea... all they had to do was wait for the tide to go out and everything on the sea bed is there for all to see. :laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just gotten up to date with The Widow (two ep's to go) and it's not bad at all (apart from the commercial breaks) - a tad unbelievable in parts but a decent watch nonetheless. 7/10 thus far.

Have started watching Trust Me S2 - which although it bears no relationship to Trust Me S1 seems like just as decent a watch. 8/10 thus far.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just gotten up to date with The Widow (two ep's to go) and it's not bad at all (apart from the commercial breaks) - a tad unbelievable in parts but a decent watch nonetheless. 7/10 thus far.

Have started watching Trust Me S2 - which although it bears no relationship to Trust Me S1 seems like just as decent a watch. 8/10 thus far.

Doing the same, just finished e2

Leaway2

Lycrist
Yesterday was such a rainy day I sat and binge watched series 2 (edit: it was 3) of line of duty. Absolutely brilliant.
it had to resort to the ridiculous cliched chase scene at the end. A policewoman on foot keeping pace with a Range rover, which take some convoluted route which keeps bring her back in range. She then sprints 1/2 mile, after previously running, to arrive to see the suspect only then climb out of the vehicle. This scene was totally unnecessary and the series should have ended in the interview room.

Last edited:
Top Bottom