What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
She of no name other than Fleabag is ok really - just misunderstood.

Try S1 if it's still available. It's very funny.

Also try 600 Bottles of Wine on Beeb 3 - very short episodes but hilarious nonetheless.
Decided to try 600 bottles of wine the other night...14 year old daughter "can I watch it with you dad ?" Go on then,cue awkward coughing and this isn't for.you from me.Now were pretty easy going.with the kids but that's a no.Very funny !

Something I will be watching...

And a heads up for all the fans on here, including @Richard A Thackeray

Gotham returns to E4 on Sunday 12th May at 9pm for it's final series.

Ahh, thankyou!!!

yello

Fleabag doesn't click with me at all. I've tried to watch it on a couple of occasions (purely because of the accolades it gets) but, no, it just doesn't work for me.

I watched Unforgotten recently (series 3) and really enjoyed that. Grim as but I think Nicola Walker is excellent. I'll be looking for the 1st 2 series.

Glad to see Gotham is wrapping up, I like it (in a lightweight, fun kind of way - Penguin is a hoot and the actor obviously enjoys playing the role) There's not much mileage in such things as a rule and I'm not even sure whether I watched all of series 3.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Glad to see Gotham is wrapping up, I like it (in a lightweight, fun kind of way - Penguin is a hoot and the actor obviously enjoys playing the role) There's not much mileage in such things as a rule and I'm not even sure whether I watched all of series 3.
Not much mileage???? Bruce hasn't become Batman yet and there's loads of questionable films they could supersede of they kept the series going... there's loads of mileage left in Gotham! Gutted that not only is this the final series, but there's only 12 episodes too... and I've watched nine of them :sad:

yello

Not much mileage????

I didn't mean the storyline, I meant in the semi pantomime portrayals. It's fun, sure, but that type of portrayal does lose its humour after a bit. For me anyway.

I don't think you'd ever see young Bruce become Batman though. I don't think that was ever in the program's remit. I'm sure the series creator (Bruno Hellar?? Off the top of my head) has said as much. It was more setting the scene for what was to come, the story people already knew.

I liked Gotham. It flirted with darkness but didn't embrace or wallow in it. I think it was largely light, 2 dimensional stuff and worked like that. I enjoyed the superficial characters (they are comic book after all); from Penguin's comedy villain to Jim's overly serious furrowed brow, and all points in between. Maybe I'm doing it a disservice. Maybe it did have other aims but I liked it the way I saw it and didn't read more into it.

Tbh, I thought my dismissal of Fleabag would be more contentious! :laugh:

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Killing Eve S2 will be on soon.. Loved S1.

Finished the Widow, 6/10

Finished all of Line of Duty.
Not bad but very predictable to be honest.
I did find it a good binge TV show

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Killing Eve S2 will be on soon.. Loved S1.

Finished the Widow, 6/10

Finished all of Line of Duty.
Not bad but very predictable to be honest.
I did find it a good binge TV show

Very much looking forward to killing Eve S2. Jodie Comer was brilliant in S1.

And the next series of The Crown should be good too.

And Avatar 2 (Bit OT as that's big screen stuff).

I thought The Widow was ok. Not great casting Kate Beckinsale as the lead imo - needed someone a bit grittier if that's the right word. Didn't leave me wanting more.

Lovely Wife thinks L o D is great but I have tried and it just doesn't work for me.

Adam4868

Guru
Watched the first episode of the Virtues last night.Its the new Sean Meadows drama so it's bleak but addictive viewing.Staring Stephen Graham who for me is one of the best actors around.

Top Bottom