What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Would like to see 'Good Omens', but not go amazon TV (or whatever it's called)
I wonder how close to the book, it will stay?
It's absolutely fantastic :wahhey: and the little bits they added to the story were in the original drafts of the book but cut for pacing / saved for a possible sequel. I loved it. 30 years of waiting but well worth it. Sheen and Tennant were born to play Aziraphale :angel: and Crowley :evil:.

Why not get the free one month's trial of Amazon Prime, watch the show during that period then cancel the subscription? :okay: Trust me when I say, you can watch all six episodes in one day :shy:

@LeetleGreyCells
I may do that, but equally, wasn't there a suggestion a while ago, that someone was going to make a City Watch mini-series!!
I'm not sure which book it should be based on??, unless they (essentially) have a book per episode?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
@LeetleGreyCells
I may do that, but equally, wasn't there a suggestion a while ago, that someone was going to make a City Watch mini-series!!
I'm not sure which book it should be based on??, unless they (essentially) have a book per episode?
Yes, apparently development is still going ahead as BBC America announced in October last year that they had ordered scripts for an eight episodes. They're calling it The Watch and it'll be based on the books but not wholly interpretations of the books. They say we'll get more news when production starts.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just watching 63up on ITV. They film the same people every 7 years to catch up with their lives and to see how class and upbringing mould your life chances.

I have watched it every 7 years for 35 years now. It is very interesting to see how people progress through life.

Just watching 63up on ITV. They film the same people every 7 years to catch up with their lives and to see how class and upbringing mould your life chances.

I have watched it every 7 years for 35 years now. It is very interesting to see how people progress through life.
Hah yes! I was channel hopping when I spotted it was going to start in about 3 minutes. Set to series record needless to say.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/38ba2106-3aa9-42c6-9f6e-fc19780634b5

I'm up to episode 10 and am feeling more than a bit let down by this final series. :angry:

Finally got round to watching the final episode of George Clarke's Amazing Spaces... the expandable transit camper van looked a bit draughty with gaps between the walls and floor you fit a fist through :laugh:
Previous post mentions Grand Designs Revisited. Now I like George Clarke and I like Kevin McCloud but who would win in a fight?
Oh yes I came here to tell what guff I have been wasting precious time on. "Edge of Darkness", not the Mel Gibson rehash, the Troy Kennedy Martin one starring Bob Peck and Joe Don Baker. Seen it before and probably will watch it again in a few years.
I could watch it solely on the strength of Joe Don Bakers performance. The scene at Gleneagles where he takes the floor to expose Grogan (Kenneth Nelson) is great stuff, "a lethal dose to anyone within a range of ten yards, get it while its hot"!

Last edited:

andabby

Über Member
Decided to watch back issues of Line of Duty unfortunately series 2 disappeared from bbc iplayer half way througn so I now have to put some time in before the same happens to series 3. Interesting to get the back story.

I binge watched the first 4 on Netflix, just finished series 5 on iplayer tonight, was worth cramming it all in for the full story

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Just finished Chernobyl.

An astonishing piece of television that demonstrates the power of lies.

"The real danger is if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognise the truth at all"

As if to illustrate this, the Russians are making their own version of the disaster blaming American secret agents.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48559289

Top Bottom