What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Finished series three of Killing Eve last night... what a let down! It was just a parody of itself. No idea why they got a new team of writers in to do the second series, but something was clearly missing. They should have just stuck to the one series.

Also been watching I May Destroy You this week. An excellent if somewhat uncomfortable series to watch.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

Finally got round to watching the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica prequel series Caprica... after a mostly disappointing pilot episode, the final twist spurred me on to watching the next episode, and the next. Set 57 years before the 2nd Cylon War, so around 15-20 years before the first one, they've given Caprica a cheesy 50s/60s aesthetic to give it a forced/false vintage feel, which doesn't really work. However, the plot concerning the creation of the Cylons is excellent, if a little haunting.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Peter Crouch: Save Our Summer
The female presenter wears an extremely low cut dress but she's so far away from the camera that she's permanently out of focus. Are the BBC trying to appease traditional male football fans and be politically correct at the same time?

Maya Jama is her name.

I haven't seen the show, but I've seen (and heard) other stuff she's done and she's considerably more than eye candy, so it's a shame if that's all they've gone with.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I don't think this dress was chosen to emphasize her other assets.

te5d8wrk1r451.jpg

lane

Veteran
Watched some good cycle documentaries on Prime. Inspired to Ride - self supported 1st edition trans am bike race featuring Mike Hall quite a lot plus others. Top notch. Also London Edinburgh London audax was quite interesting.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Watched some good cycle documentaries on Prime. Inspired to Ride - self supported 1st edition trans am bike race featuring Mike Hall quite a lot plus others. Top notch. Also London Edinburgh London audax was quite interesting.
I enjoyed the LEL film too. Another good one is 'Bicycle' a documentary by Michael B Clifford in 2014.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Catweazel on Talking Pictures TV. I don't think they'd produce a TV series today about a young boy who befriends a strange old man.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

MontyVeda

Thanks - hopefully now catch up on the ones they never show on ITV4
It's worth watching them all in order... over the course of four years, Jack is getting increasingly frustrated with the force and for good reason. There's a few comic episodes, particularly Visiting Firemen, and the one with Morecambe & Wise... it isn't great but it is a good one; Eric and Ernie seem to be making it up as they go along whilst Dennis and John seem to spend most of their time trying not to laugh ^_^

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Thanks - hopefully now catch up on the ones they never show on ITV4

It's a peculiarly ITV4 thing - they seem to do it with quite a lot of shows (The Professionals, Quincy, Kojak, etc) where they'll run the same limited handful of episodes in no logical order, hopping from one series to another and back again.
Presumably it's not a rights issue as you'd imagine that would limit them to a specific series rather than a seemingly random selection.

I stumbled across "Staged" on BBC iplayer, stars David Tennant and Michael Sheen (or Is it Michael Sheen and David Tennant?). My sort of humour, think of a Zoom meeting about a play. Recommended.
Well it IS a [several] zoom meetings about a play :smile:

Tennant and Sheen are brilliant in Terry Pratchett's Good Omens.
I think anyone that saw Good Omens will love Staged all the more - having seen them acting "properly" together, it is sooo much funnier seeing the divas behind the show; being grumpy, catty, egotistical (but in a nice way - mostly). It's great.

Sam Jackson got the best line in the whole series :P

[... and I'm really sorry, but it IS ripping off The Trip [Coogan/Brydon] which was a 9/10, whilst this is a solid 7. ]

lane

Veteran
It's a peculiarly ITV4 thing - they seem to do it with quite a lot of shows (The Professionals, Quincy, Kojak, etc) where they'll run the same limited handful of episodes in no logical order, hopping from one series to another and back again.
Presumably it's not a rights issue as you'd imagine that would limit them to a specific series rather than a seemingly random selection.

I thought it was maybe saving money in some way I can't work out but it was suggested on another thread it might be due to political correctness.

Top Bottom