What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Central News. I've just been informed that the abolitionist James Watt got his start-up capital from the slave trade. It's not the first time Central News has broadcast falsehoods.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I thought it was maybe saving money in some way I can't work out but it was suggested on another thread it might be due to political correctness.

You'd imagine that there are episodes of most of the shows listed that might not be suitable for daytime broadcast, and there is one episode of The Professionals that has apparently never been shown on UK telly (Klansmen) due to the storyline, although it is on the DVD box set released some years ago.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Rewatched Marvellous the other night and enjoyed it just as much as first time round, which is a lot. Hilarious, heartening and utterly life-affirming. Absolutely wonderful. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and take a trip to iPlayer.

lane

Veteran
You'd imagine that there are episodes of most of the shows listed that might not be suitable for daytime broadcast, and there is one episode of The Professionals that has apparently never been shown on UK telly (Klansmen) due to the storyline, although it is on the DVD box set released some years ago.

Having said all that, I wonder if they do show all Sweeney episodes on ITV4 just out of order; I have looked on Prime and can't find any I have not seen.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I stumbled across "Staged" on BBC iplayer, stars David Tennant and Michael Sheen (or Is it Michael Sheen and David Tennant?). My sort of humour, think of a Zoom meeting about a play. Recommended.

We just picked up on that. Utterly brilliant and had me laughing out loud. They are playing (presumably fictional) versions of themselves maybe a bit like some of the Coogan / Brydon programmes. It was amazing to see the contrast between Sheen's extremely camp and quite posh character in Good Omens, and his slightly overblown, almost Brian Blessedish persona as "himself" . Superb entairtainement

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
We just picked up on that. Utterly brilliant and had me laughing out loud. They are playing (presumably fictional) versions of themselves maybe a bit like some of the Coogan / Brydon programmes. It was amazing to see the contrast between Sheen's extremely camp and quite posh character in Good Omens, and his slightly overblown, almost Brian Blessedish persona as "himself" . Superb entairtainement
Brian Blessedish - love it! :laugh::laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
The Woods Netflix Polish series subtitled
Watched first episode, its got potential ,slow starter..

Chris S

Legendary Member
Mrs America. It's a documentary about Women's Liberation in 1970's America. Rather ironically it features Tracey Ullman in brownface.

Spartak