What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
An excellent documentary about Britain's Neolithic monuments; Standing with Stones.

It's not one of those... we've come to decide that they're all calendars, or burial grounds, or centres of trade and commerce ...but more, we don't really have a fecking clue, but they're still ace! With thousands to chose from and only two hours and fifteen minutes, we get a fleeting glimpse of a small selection and plenty i've never even heard of. The next time i watch it I'll have a pen and paper handy as I'd love to visit some of the lesser known sites. It's on youtube < that's the link to it.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I've just watched the first episode of Harlots. It was supposed to have been set in the 18th century but there was a light switch by a front door and an internal door had a modern Homebase style door lock.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The Fall on Netflix.

Turns out that this was one of the rare BBC shows worth watching ( I choose not to fund Gary Lineker et al). Starring Gillian Anderson as a DSI parachuted into Belfast to look into serial killings. The serial killer is identified early on in series 1 so basically the whole 3 series show is a slow burner - with Anderson's character given some romantic interludes (male and female) to maintain the viewers interest.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I watched the Rickfields documentary on IPlayer.
it’s about the welsh recording studio on a remote farm. It’s great especially if you like britpop.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The Fall on Netflix.

Turns out that this was one of the rare BBC shows worth watching ( I choose not to fund Gary Lineker et al). Starring Gillian Anderson as a DSI parachuted into Belfast to look into serial killings. The serial killer is identified early on in series 1 so basically the whole 3 series show is a slow burner - with Anderson's character given some romantic interludes (male and female) to maintain the viewers interest.

I love The Fall. Held me completely from beginning to end. But then I love Gillian Anderson, and Jamie Dornan. Alan Cubitt is a really good writer too.

Cuntryfile

Very little in life gets me more annoyed.
This is an asparagus boat made by some very rich 'country farmer'. The importance he attributes to this weird middle-class farkin effort underlies the basics of disparity in the UK for the last 300 years.
We don't farkin care!, 'Dear farmer, think about caring for society more, not just your money-grabbing weirdo self-indulgences of legume sculpture', you idiotic rich tit.
The BBC are the best in the world.
But they are by far the worst in the world at propagating this dreadful sham TV to, what?, the post 80's dementia riddled viewers. FFS could do much better.

Top Bottom