What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Currently watching Wentworth series 8 (reimagined Prisoner Cell Block H), which seems to be losing its spark a little.

and Altered Carbon... a decent bladerunner styled sci-fi with a mumbling protagonist who requires subtitles.

and Brave New World, based on Aldous Huxley's book... which so far, is excellent.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Currently watching Wentworth series 8 (reimagined Prisoner Cell Block H), which seems to be losing its spark a little.

and Altered Carbon... a decent bladerunner styled sci-fi with a mumbling protagonist who requires subtitles.

and Brave New World, based on Aldous Huxley's book... which so far, is excellent.
I liked Altered Carbon too. You'll be pleased to hear there is a new actor taking over the protagonist role for the next season.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I've been watching Deadwind on Netflix. The first couple of series were good, and I enjoyed them, but series 3 has jumped the shark badly. I don't know what the script writers were thinking (spoiler alert for those of you who are going to watch it):

So they get shot at and escape... They are trying to get away when they see a helicopter (why is it there? Who flew it there? Why did they park it there?) Then it get's worse -they decide to take the helicopter. Who knew either character could fly a helicopter? And then just as it couldn't get any worse, the engine flames up and they crash into the sea with a laughably fake animation scene straight out of a Gerry Andersen "Thunderbirds" episode (all that was missing was the dramatic music sound track). They are rescued and return to Finland.

OK, here is my rewrite: they get shot at, they escape to some woods, use their mobile phone to call to get a car ride back. They then catch the ferry to Finland. None of this completely superfluous nonsense about helicopters, flying a helicopter, Gerry Andersen animations, or crashing a helicopter on top of a great white shark. There, much better and without looking positively foolish. Maybe they were looking for fillers...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Boys Season 2 is back, so that will be on my list (think bad super heros).

Just noticed the second part of Season 10 of Walking Dead aired before lockdown. I missed it. Need to torture myself with the next 8 or so episodes (it's not great anymore).

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing is back. And I couldn't be happier. It is such a great show. Just the pair of them rambling on and occasionally catching a fish. Up there with Detectorists as one of my favourite TV shows.

gbb

Legendary Member
Last night, Who Do You Think You Are ? with Robert (Judge) Rinder
Im not a fan of his or his show but what an interesting and dark family history, his father a survivor of the holocaust, very detailed evidences of his times in camps, how he came to England after the war as a result of friendly and well meaning bending of the age rules, and so on. Then his great grandfather, on paper a Russian settled in the UK but was actually a Latvian who survived, but not unscathed, the violence and pogroms of the early 20th century, that caused him a mental illness which saw him sectioned for the last decade or so of his life.
Very interesting, makes you realise how lucky we really are...and perhaps we shouldnt take our freedom for granted.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing is back. And I couldn't be happier. It is such a great show. Just the pair of them rambling on and occasionally catching a fish. Up there with Detectorists as one of my favourite TV shows.
I have just binge watched series 1 and 2 this week. Onto series 3 now. Excellent program, the fishing is secondary really.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I was so pleased to hear that series 3 was out.
I watched the salmon one yesterday.
I caught myself with a huge smile on my face.
They’re just so honest and down to earth.

GetFatty

Über Member
Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. Still trying to figure out if it's any good.

Also watching the Fall as I never bothered the first time round

Profpointy

Legendary Member
we've been watching the Umbrella Academy on Netflix. It's based on a comic book series apparently. Plot sounded a bit cliched with a group of children with superpowers being brought up by an eccentric billionaire - so far very like x-men and the trailer looked utter shyte, but thankfully we read some reviews and it's really very good indeed. There's a time travelling schoolboy, a pair of ruthless time-travelling assassins, one played (rather well) by pop singer Mary J blige, a looming apocalypse, and lots of little clues which all turn into some something important. Even the intelligent talking monkey family retainer is really good rather than being annoying as he seemed in the trailer.

So far rather good !

Last edited:
Top Bottom