What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Watching Nurse Ratched on Netflix at the moment..( the nurse character from One flew over a cuckoo's nest film) Three episodes in and love it.Its gory at times,well for me anyway.Love the cinematography and colours,outfits in it.Bit Hitchcocky/Kubrick if that makes sense !

Ryan Murphy is one of the creators, his love for Hitchcock and Kubrick knows no bounds. I'll be starting it once I've finished American Horror Story (again).

Adam4868

Guru
Ryan Murphy is one of the creators, his love for Hitchcock and Kubrick knows no bounds. I'll be starting it once I've finished American Horror Story (again).
Really...it shows.I really didn't read up on it,didn't think I'd really like it as much as I do.Youll like it I guarantee...or your money back ^_^

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Us. Enjoyed it a lot. Wonderful locations, terrific dialogue, and excellent acting all round - particularly the always-impeccable Tom Hollander. Looking forward to the rest.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We're half way through series 2 of Gotham and I must say I'm going off it quite a lot. The plot's just about OK but the main antagonist is a bit of a one dimensional pantomime villain, unlike the far more interesting complex characters like Penguin, Fish Mooney etc. Maybe the writing is poor but I'm caring less about the characters - the regulars are still good actors but they aren't being given the lines. Even the usually compelling Alfred isn't getting much to work with. I guess I'll plough theough the rest of this series to see what happens but not sure I'll be watching any more - pity; the first series was first class

Update on Gotham - glad we persisted as the later series were really good, with the final series 5 particularly dark and the Penguin / Riddler dynamic (and their acting) particularly entertaining. One more episode to go, presumably where Bruce finally becomes batman proper

Update on Gotham - glad we persisted as the later series were really good, with the final series 5 particularly dark and the Penguin / Riddler dynamic (and their acting) particularly entertaining. One more episode to go, presumably where Bruce finally becomes batman proper
It's an interesting ending....

How about Batwoman??
The heroine, is Kate Kane (Bruces cousin), who had been away travelling (& under the radar, as was Christian Bales Bruce)
Her collegue/tech wizard is Luke Fox (son of, a murdered, Lucius....)

Just watched Grayson Perrys American road-trip programme, the episode, from around Atlanta & Washington CD
Talking about racism & ways it's perceived/affects the black communities

Very interesting

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nurse Ratched was really good.

The Boys is getting better all the time

The 100 - Finished Season 7 - that's it no more, phew.

The Walking Dead - World Beyond - new spin off, and Amazon has it.

Keep an eye out for Star Treck Discovery - new series mid October and The Mandalorian Season 2 on Disney at the end of the month.

gbb

Legendary Member
Been watching the start of ITVs Honour. Just too depressing knowing it's based on fact and that some people hold such stone age beliefs.
I will struggle to watch it any more. Not sure if I want to.

All Creatures Great & Small, recorded on Tuesday night
Sadly the last one of the series

Plus, an old (recorded) episode of M*A*S*H

Blood Brothers

With a very young Patrick Swayze playing a soldier diagnosed with Leukemia

And an utterly magnificent sermon from Mulcahey, after staying up all night, talking to the Swayze charactor

Awesome writing, & acting :notworthy::notworthy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvLH22RSpaY

Top Bottom