What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We've just started watching "Medici" on Metflix and are about 4 episodes in. Maybe a touch too leisurely a pace but it looks great and is well written. Good cast including Francis Barber, David Bradley (played William Hartnell's Doctor Who a few times and of course Walder Frey of Game of Theones, Dustin Hoffman, and the King of the North chap from GoT as well). It's a grand sweep of Renaissance Italy rather than murder and mayhem, though there have of course been murders

Enjoying it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Somewhat ashamedly, I've just torn through Emily in Paris on Netflix. It's dreadful, every French/Parisian cliche you can imagine, but it's also flipping amazing. Paris looks beautiful, everyone is chic, the baguettes are crispy. It made me very happy for a short while.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've watched all 8 seasons of Wentworth again. It's really, really good, but there's hardly anything nice happens in it ever..
They certainly know how to build up the tension!

I'm still trying to work my way through Prisoner Cell Block H (again). I'm about 150 episodes in, only around 540 to go. It should see me through to retirement.

Spooks is amazing. We started rewatching during lockdown.

Battlestar Galactica on iPlayer is entertaining. Somehow this remake from 2004 passed us by. Cylon babe is amazing.

Spooks is amazing. We started rewatching during lockdown.

Battlestar Galactica on iPlayer is entertaining. Somehow this remake from 2004 passed us by. Cylon babe is amazing.
BSG is one of the most thought provoking sci fi series. Last night: Why do people carry on working when no one pays them. What do you do if they stop?

Chris S

Legendary Member
White Riot. It starts with Rock Against Racism being formed in 1976 and ends with the seminal concert in Victoria Park in 1979.

When I was a teenager I made the mistake of dropping my A' levels and hanging around with people on the hard left. It was the stupidest thing that I ever did and I couldn't think why I had done it, until I saw this documentary.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Haunting of Bly Manor (Netflix)

Not as out and out scary as Hill House, but really good, trading in a deep melancholy and dread, as well as the sadness of loss and sacrifice. I really enjoyed this, particularly the contribution of Liam Gavin (director of "A Dark Song", who directed episodes 4 & 5) and T'nia Miller's series stealing turn as Hannah Grose.

gbb

Legendary Member
Star Trek, Dkscovery, series on Netflix.
Very good so far. I didn't really like the later series of ST but so far this is looking good.

Three items

1. Whilst in Scotland. last week, the guesthouse on the Isle Of Skye had a 'firestick' on the TV in our room (not the 1980's CB radio antenna)
It was all I could do to stop up all night, & binge-watch 'Picard' as it had the Amazon channel
Managed first 3 episodes

2. I've got myself slightly hooked on 'The Big Bang Theory'
I didn't watch it previously, but happened upon it by chance, so damned funny:rofl:

3. The new season of 'Diesel Brothers' is back on Virgin TV :okay:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Roadkill. The screenwriters expect us to believe that a Tory MP's career would be ruined if he had an illegitimate daughter!
On the plus side, his special advisor looks like a young Dominic Cummings.

Top Bottom