What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Dover

yello

I forgot to mention, I watched 'Your Honor'. I know why I forgot to mention it.

Bryan Cranston plays a role with echoes to one he's had before... what was that one now?... in a New Orleans based drama (based on an Israeli TV show) in which I thought the dog, Django, was one of the better performances. I spent more time wondering how old the actress, who played the gang bosses daughter, was than I did considering the show itself. 'Passed the time' (which would have passed anyway)

Edit: that's Bryan with a 'y' not Brian with an 'I'

Speaking of which, 'Halston'. A docu-series (?) about the American fashion designer. Diverting and not without some charm. Ewan McGregor (I've probably spelt that incorrectly too) manages a capable, sometimes nuanced, camp performance but the show doesn't manage much ultimately and ends up being a bit 'run of the mill' (New York, discos, aids, glamour, fashion, diva, etc) Added to which, the truth of it is contested so it kinda leaves one wondering about the 'why' of it. Best performance , for me, was whoever played Liza Minelli (hence my reference)

Last edited:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Rewatching
The Expanse (S2 currently)
Taskmaster (S4)
American Horror Story (Hotel)

...mostly so I can follow along with some rewatch podcasts I enjoy.

The Watch (iPlayer)
Trying to distance it in my head from the source material - I don't think Vimes is right, personally, and Death isn't the way I remember him from the books. That aside, I don't mind it so much, but a bit like the BBC's War of the Worlds adaptation, I rather wish they'd just do a faithful to the book(s) version and then mess about with it.

War of the Worlds (Disney+)
This isn't a faithful adaptation either, but it's a good (and surprisingly unheralded, given the fanfare the other stuff on Disney gets) series. Be warned that it's pretty bleak (every time you're thinking "they wouldn't, would they?" they do).

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

War of the Worlds (Disney+)
This isn't a faithful adaptation either, but it's a good (and surprisingly unheralded, given the fanfare the other stuff on Disney gets) series. Be warned that it's pretty bleak (every time you're thinking "they wouldn't, would they?" they do).
was that the one with the robot dog things? If so... it was a good series, but WotW it wasn't :rolleyes:

what have I been watching?

Lie with me... that c5 drama about the woman from EastEnders in Australia who's hubby is having it off with the nanny... dull first two episodes, good finale.

an old(ish) Irish crime drama called Clean Break; a car salesman, champion boxer and a few mobsters kidnap a bank manager's wife and daughter for money. That was quite good too.

Camelot... King Arthur, Merlin, you know the score... daft but enjoyable. Eva Green was predictably excellent as the devious half sister Morgan

currently watching Barry... a hitman who doesn't want to be a hitman anymore goes to LA and joins an acting class, run by Henry (Fonz) Winkler... silly, funny, enjoyable.

gbb

Legendary Member
Happened across The Flight of the Conchords last night on Sky Comedy perhaps, couple hours recorded, laughed my way through one 'episode', remainder to watch.

yello

Bancroft - solid entertainment with a well evil 'baddie'

Umbrella Academy - superb, it really is. I don't as a rule watch superhero/comic book guff but this works for me. Wonderfully lit and shot, it doesn't overdo the special effects and keeps the violence sufficiently in check for me not to mind too much.

Edit: excellent use of music/soundtrack in the latter too.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Happened across The Flight of the Conchords last night on Sky Comedy perhaps, couple hours recorded, laughed my way through one 'episode', remainder to watch.
I enjoyed that too (going back a few years now though)... i never did get round to watching the 2nd series.
Umbrella Academy - superb, it really is. I don't as a rule watch superhero/comic book guff but this works for me. Wonderfully lit and shot, it doesn't overdo the special effects and keeps the violence sufficiently in check for me not to mind too much.

Edit: excellent use of music/soundtrack in the latter too.
I'd forgotten all about that... I must dig it out and watch it again.

The Boys is worth a look if you haven't already seen it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Compelling viewing, interesting, funny, informative, the best tv in ages. I cannot recommend it enough, even if you're not a Jezza fan.

My son is a massive Clarkson fan and I got into the farm programme too so today, we went to visit!! The queue to get into the shop was THREE HOURS! We queued for about 45 mins to buy a milk bottle so we could fill it at the dispensing machine with ‘cow juice’ and we also bought some ‘bee juice’. Let’s just say NOTHING was cheap and people were spending a LOT of money! He’s hit the jackpot! My son was so so happy!

Top Bottom