What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh that was a sad episode.

Did you see the motor bike at the garden centre episode ?
Yes
And, or was it the same episode, the "I was only travelling at 35MPH", in the BuM-W, that took out the oh so very lucky pedestrian

An intriguing look behind the scenes

Often remakes are a poor imitation of original series, but I think this is actually better. Loved it.
Agreed
The expanded characters

Siegfried;
widower, still mourning, but wanting/yearning to meet someone (was he told by dying wife, not to be lonely?)
Varies between 'stick & carrot' towards his brother

Tristan;
mischievious, still chasing the girls

James;
we get to see Glasgow ('Little Germany', in Bradford, was used)

Mrs Hall;
widower/divorced(?), wayward son (who makes no contact),ex-Sergeant (in whatever armed service was available for women, between the wars?)

Helen;
feisty, strong-willed (as we see in the wedding episode), fiercely loyal to family & farm

Etc.....

yello

Homecoming series 1 is well worth watching. Amongst the best TV I've watched in fact.

I had high hopes for American Rust (and I do like the look, feel and setting) but it's not really delivering for me. I'll sit it out simply out of interest but I don't think it'll last long in my memory.

Adam4868

Guru
Succession series three 😍

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I finished watching the two seasons of Ragnarok. Very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to season 3.

Now watching a Turkish show called The Protector. Halfway through the second episode. Seems promising.

The only thing letting The Protector down is the English dubbing. I didn't realise it until I started watching The Protector, but one of the things I enjoyed about Ragnarok was that the English dubbed voices had a Norwegian accent which was fitting for a Norwegian TV show. The Protector on the other hand is dubbed with American-accented English. I think Turkish-accented English would make the atmosphere of the show feel more Turkish to complement the scenery. It feels a little jarring to have an American accent when the characters are supposed to be Turkish.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We've been watching the netfilx Lemony Snicket series. Decidedly odd / silly but looks great (a bit Wes Anderson maybe) but quite entertaining.

DRM

Guru
Latest series of Vikings, all six series have been excellent, in the early ones the actor playing Ragnor Lothbrok, was just the right side of menacing and the whole thing is quite historically accurate, especially the blood eagle scenes xx(

Trucking Hell, on Paramount
Mainly about https://www.crouchrecovery.co.uk/ in this afternoons episode

2 x episodes of M*A*S*H
One from last night, the very first episode, which doesn't feature William Christopher as Father Mulcahey
It did feature 'Spearchucker' (Captain Jones) & the wondrous Odessa Cleveland, as 'Ginger Bayliss
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_(M*A*S*H)

The other episode was from a lot further into the run, season 7;
'The Party'
Where BJ tries to organise a party/get-together for all of the outfits families back in the States

Latest series of Vikings, all six series have been excellent, in the early ones the actor playing Ragnor Lothbrok, was just the right side of menacing and the whole thing is quite historically accurate, especially the blood eagle scenes xx(
Loved Vikings. Really got into it and I learned a lot. Who knew that the Vikings raided Paris ! Not me for sure.

Reactions: DRM
Top Bottom