What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Having never watched it the first time round I've now got into Shameless on Netflix, I think I'm halfway through series four at the moment.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
catching up on The Outlaws - missed it on the first run. (a quick trawlsearch thro here shows that many well ahead of me0
Excellent.
Yep I know the characters are "types" to a degree but very humane writing with depth.
many/most are far from perfect but written with real empathy and wit - and the right-wing "type" sure has some good lines - hopefully this series will herald a certain move away from excessive wokeness.
part way through series 2 at the moment - am I right in thinking that a series 3 is on the cards?

We've just watched the last episode of 2nd series. One of the best things I've seen on TV, the writing, acting, and sheer craftsmanship throughout has been first class, and for me as an adoptive Bristolian seeing all the local sights
has been a bonus. 9+/10.

Mike_P

Guru
Watched the first episode of Sherwood last night which I thought was good....some great actors in it.Six episodes on Mondays and Tuesdays over the next three weeks.

Two obvious clangers in it, Notts is an abbreviation of Nottinghamshire not Nottingham which is the rarely pronounced Nottm. As the local habit is to abbreviate to the shortest Notts sportswise indicates Notts County and hence no one would ever refer to Notts Forest who are simply referred to as Forest. The other was the best man railway geek referring to the Settle Carlisle as opening in 1840 which seemed far too early and Wiki gives 1875.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
The other was the best man railway geek referring to the Settle Carlisle as opening in 1840 which seemed far too early and Wiki gives 1875.
Talking about railway howlers, I learned from C5's World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys yesterday that Sulmona in Abruzzo was flattened during WWII by American B-52 bombers ...

Chislenko

Veteran
Nordic Murders.

The Blacklist.

Y Golau. (Welsh language drama but not up to the standard of some previous ones) It features Welsh learner Joanna Scanlon (No Offence etc) in her first Welsh speaking lead role. Fair play to her.

Petrichorwheels

We've just watched the last episode of 2nd series. One of the best things I've seen on TV, the writing, acting, and sheer craftsmanship throughout has been first class, and for me as an adoptive Bristolian seeing all the local sights
has been a bonus. 9+/10.

I also yesterday got to the end - on seeing, looks unlikely that there will be a third series - agree totally about the craftsmanship as well - didn't feel remotely short-changed that it was telly rather than cinema. In fact gave the writing real room to breathe.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Half way through series 4 Stranger Things , might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I love it . On a side note , Kate Bush is No1 in the charts as well!! Absolute mental on a song that’s I think 40 odd yr old . Been explaining to the kids !! They think she’s weird , she was hot hot hot when I was a lad. :laugh:

Mike_P

Guru
Talking about railway howlers, I learned from C5's World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys yesterday that Sulmona in Abruzzo was flattened during WWII by American B-52 bombers ...

That series is awful, the one that went from Crewe to York was apparently in North East England before it reached Derbyshire and was nearing journeys end as it was passing through Edale:wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Currently catching up on series 2. I've already seen it but my memory is shocking. I think it's the best TV show for splats. It started with an epic splat and the speedboat hitting the sperm whale is possibly the best on screen splat of all time :laugh:

Oh no, just wait to be grossed out by the 'shrinking man' who accidentally sneezes. OMFG ! The whle show is another level ! Love it.

Top Bottom