What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Strike. Do all private eyes have to have quirky names. Cormaran Strike! Nice plot, and only 2 episodes. Not too taxing.
Nice chemistry between Tom Burke and Holiday Grainger, who both turned in good performances.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Gotham (S3) - signed up for a free month on Netflix to get this as Channel 5 still aren't showing any signs of airing it. Loved the first two series of this and S3 is just as good. Three episodes in and I'm hooked (again)
Im a huge Batman fan but really struggled to get into Gotham. I watched most of season one but it went on hiatus and I didn't go back.

potsy

Rambler
Strike. Do all private eyes have to have quirky names. Cormaran Strike! Nice plot, and only 2 episodes. Not too taxing.
Nice chemistry between Tom Burke and Holiday Grainger, who both turned in good performances.
Did you watch the 3 part story too?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

I really enjoyed most of Strike, but the overcomplicated plots grated a little. It was almost like it was trying to be a bit too clever.

Im a huge Batman fan but really struggled to get into Gotham. I watched most of season one but it went on hiatus and I didn't go back.

I genuinely think it's one of the best shows on the box, but we all like different things. Up to Ep.8 now. :okay:

Tin Pot

Guru
Complete Ethical Hacking Course..., YouTube

A 16hr video training in ethical hacking.

My lord this is boring. 2hrs of installing stuff so far.

3/10

Richard A Thackeray

Legendary Member
Going to go & watch last nights 'Diesel Brothers'

Anyone know when the new series of 'Gotham' starts (season 4)
The details, with the YouTube trailers, don't seem to reflect UK dates

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Glitch, the Australian supernatural/bad-science thing turned out OK, a third series could happen, but I wouldn't mind if it doesn't. The finale of series two wrapped everything up quite nicely.

Also watched a 70s kid's ghost story called Come Back Lucy; low budget, poor production, bad acting, zero SFX yet still managed to be a bit creepy.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I felt the same way about the first two seasons - far too concerned with foreshadowing the origins of the characters. But season 3 is a step above, imo, even finding a way to parlay the endless repetition of Bruce's origin story into a plot point.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The Crown. On Netflix. OK I have a crush on Claire Foy but I'm watching on a sort of "Know thine enemy" basis, given either Phil the Greek or Her Madge will soon shuffle off and the whole world will go mad as a result.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Tin Star - continuing to watch, up to Ep 5 now and I've got to say it's gone off the boil a bit. Hopefully just a mid-season blip and it's been good enough so far to justify sticking with it.

Also watched the first of the new run of Escape to the Chateau and much as I liked the original series this one isn't working. A bit too much manufactured drama with crisis in the offing but averted at the last minute - phew! Worth another look next week I suppose.

Top Bottom