What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
[QUOTE 4994692, member: 9609"]Grand Design - it is ages since I watched one of these, this was the fossil shaped house on the hill, what a wonderful house and an amazing amount of effort and skill to create that shape, wonderful inside, however I think they ruined the outside with what looked like pallets stuck all over it.[/QUOTE]
Its one of those programmes I never fancy watching but when I do I enjoy it, then go through a period of recording it and get bored! Guess it the repetitive nature

Lullabelle

Banana
A place in the sun, a couple have been shown a couple of traditional Spanish houses, they are not keen however they are rather taken with a static home on a static home site. Not sure why they would choose what is in effect a caravan instead of a house i'm not sure

MiK1138

Veteran
I watched the first half of the first episode of Rellik... the rewinds seemed creative at first, but soon got tiresome. Has anyone bothered sticking with this over stylised mess?
I gave up but Mrs Mik watched it which is unusual as she hates non-linear story telling

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Lucifer S3 - back on Prime and it remains one of the best shows on the box. Outrageously funny, brilliantly scripted.

Line of Duty S1 (on Netflix). Missed this first time round, but catching up now and it deserves every plaudit it gets.

London's Burning - being rerun from the start on Drama. You forget how good this was at the outset, rather than the soap it descended into later. Gritty, social commentary and some very black humour. Looks dated now, as you might expect, but very watchable.

pplpilot

Guru
A friend has just introduced me to 'Toast of London' Steven Toast, the central character of the series. A bumbling, self-important actor, an unsuccessful ladies' man and often the bearer of bad fortune. However, Toast considers himself a success despite his obviously failing career. You can catch up on Ch4 or Prime

I don't very often laugh out loud watching stuff, but this clip had me in stitches -

midlife

Guru
I watched the first half of the first episode of Rellik... the rewinds seemed creative at first, but soon got tiresome. Has anyone bothered sticking with this over stylised mess?

....Nope !

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
The Deuce on HBO - very good writing and acting, no CGI or special effects and a serious subject matter.

View: https://youtu.be/1dvpkyRx_ak

That trailer makes it look good, but I wish I had turned off earlier, it looks like the Deuce trailer is followed by a trailer for a later season of Game of Thrones then the one I am on now - Season 2 - not overly impressed by GOT, perhaps it is all the raving about it that people do making it a bit of an anti-climax for me, and why is everyone so intense and serious all the time? I don't really see what the fuss is but am persevering because I got the DVDs as presents.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Sorry - didn't realise there were other trailers on it. That trailer doesn't do it justice tbh, it really is on a par with The Wire imo.

Top Bottom