What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just watched Star-Trek : Discovery (episode 3) with daughter

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have been dipping in and out of Netflix Timeless the premise is quite engaging for me time travel, the story arc quite engaging but I just cannot abide 45 minute encapsulated episodes. Is it just me? Clearly they are designed for a casual viewer to watch a single episode and still understand what is going on and the story arc is supposed to capture them whether they have been watching from episode 1 or 5. But for committed watching I really do not like it, or if I do I start to get bored quickly like I have done with Timeless. Must be quite tough for TV production companies really.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Porridge (2017) ..... what a pile of crap, not one original joke, and the lead actor Kevin Bishop kept trying to be Ronnie Barker playing Fletcher, it was just pisss poor.

Well i salute you for even trying it, they'll never learn, class cant be re done

Chris S

Legendary Member
'The Incredible Human Journey' with Dr. Alice Roberts. She became uncomfortable handling a stone phallus and crossed her legs :smile:

There wasn't much on afterwards so I watched 4 Music for the first time. I recognized a lot of the tracks from the gym. I thought they had been put together for people to work out to but they were actual chart hits.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Bat Out of Hell (1966)... staring John Thaw before he started going grey. A five part ITV thriller thing involving, murder, blackmail, the Queen's English, more blackmail, and an incredibly convoluted plot... not sure if it stacked up to anything good, but it was an enjoyable watch, if only to wonder at the way the actors all delivered their dialogue as quickly as possible, perfectly spoken with barely a pause nor breath.

Tin Pot

Guru
Garden Rescue, BBC iPlayer

Fairly interesting - got some ideas to put into my own garden plans. I didn't recognise Charlie Dimmock though.

7/10

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Tin Star - binge watched the final 6 episodes over the weekend. Quite good, although I'd guessed the twist with a few episodes to go. It felt a bit stretched over 10 episodes, while they were cleary going for brooding and slow burning, it could have been a much tauter and snappier 7 parter.
Clearly left open for Series 2, which comes as no surprise as they've already announced it.

7/10

Last edited:
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Louis Theroux's Dark States

Lordy this was bleak, highlighting heroin dependency in West Virginia. Could have gone a lot further into skewering the US health system, but I suppose that would have taken away from the people he was following who had truly tragic lives. Upsetting on many levels, but compelling viewing.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Snowfall

This slipped under my radar until a friend flagged it. Sort of Narcos crossed with Boogie Nights, nails the aesthetic of LA's sleazier side. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the series, and I'm genuinely a bit surprised to see it on the Beeb rather than a streaming service.

Top Bottom