What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Threw me last week but I was right all along, a little disappointed but it was ok.
Yeah, me nall. Not the best of its kind I've ever watched, but as Sunday night pot boilers go it was certainly up to snuff. Them Romanians was some ba-a-a-a-d MFs.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Bay.

Weedy little drama set in Morecambe.

Watched first episode and won't be watching any more.
I'll probably watch the rest just for the local locations... (that pub really is that grim in real life). Like many crime dramas, the first episode was one big fat cliche, and none of the characters sounded like they come from 'round here.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Brookside (All 4) - there are three "classic" episodes available on demand, so watched the first ever episode for nostalgia reasons as I haven't seen it since 1982. Today's soaps would kill for writing and characters like that. Shame there aren't more episodes available.
Same goes for classic Corrie... the teams of writers from the 70s and 80s must be livid with what's happened to the soaps since the mid 90s.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'll probably watch the rest just for the local locations... (that pub really is that grim in real life). Like many crime dramas, the first episode was one big fat cliche, and none of the characters sounded like they come from 'round here.

Agree with your comments.

We decided to give it a go as it is moderately local (we are a bit north of Kendal) and we occasionally go to Morecambe for a stroll along the front as it is sometimes dry there whilst being wet here!

Adam4868

Guru
Finally watched the last Babtiste last night.I can't say I really enjoyed.First few episodes we're good then it became too far fetched and predictable.I enjoyed traitors as a series,sure it will be back.
Fleabag is still the best thing on TV at the moment.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Finally watched the last Babtiste last night.I can't say I really enjoyed.First few episodes we're good then it became too far fetched and predictable.I enjoyed traitors as a series,sure it will be back.
Fleabag is still the best thing on TV at the moment.
Little harsh on Baptiste I feel, but spot on with Fleabag - softens you up with a bit of humour, then in goes the stiletto. Perfect writing, perfect acting, top telly. The word 'unique' is much abused but I've never seen anything quite like Fleabag before, and I've been watching telly for a looooong time.

Adam4868

Guru
Little harsh on Baptiste I feel, but spot on with Fleabag - softens you up with a bit of humour, then in goes the stiletto. Perfect writing, perfect acting, top telly. The word 'unique' is much abused but I've never seen anything quite like Fleabag before, and I've been watching telly for a looooong time.
I'm a harsh critic ! I've watched Fleabag from the start thanks to Mrs Adam,love Phoebe Wallace Bridge,we also had Killing Eve thanks to her...genius.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I liked Baptiste, so I started watching the series from which it originated “The Missing”. I’m almost at the end of the first series of “The Missing” and enjoying it although Mrs JtB says it’s a bit slow.

Adam4868

Guru
I liked Baptiste, so I started watching the series from which it originated “The Missing”. I’m almost at the end of the first series of “The Missing” and enjoying it although Mrs JtB says it’s a bit slow.
Maybe that's the way to watch it.The first series of the missing with Jimmy Nesbit was one of the best TV series I've seen.Kept you guessing to the bitter end.

Top Bottom