What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Women's football, Germany v Sweden.

I keep missing most of the matches, I've not watched a full match yet and I'm regretting it. Top quality. I'm not surprised its drawing record breaking audiences.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

I keep missing most of the matches, I've not watched a full match yet and I'm regretting it. Top quality. I'm not surprised its drawing record breaking audiences.
Was a good game. Personally, I am enjoying women’s football more than mens these days.

yello

A good match. 2 teams with contrasting styles. Germany perhaps the better technically but the Swedes played with more nouse, more experience, were tactically better.

I'm just about to watch a new series (new here), called 'Whiskey Cavalier'. I don't hold out much hope as it's something to do with the CIA, or some such, so it's probably all guns and explosions and crap dialogue.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Watched seasons 1 and 2 of Stranger Things. Very enjoyable and nostalgia-inducing for the early 80s. Love the bikes the kids ride.

There are a lot of references to 80s TV shows and films which I'm probably only 30% consciously aware of, the rest sub-consciously. Some are overt references (Ghostbusters), others more subtle (the cops uniforms from Jaws).

The plot is fun (but not serious; it's great escapism) and I look forward to how it develops in season 3 which comes out in 3 days time.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Watched seasons 1 and 2 of Stranger Things. Very enjoyable and nostalgia-inducing for the early 80s. Love the bikes the kids ride.

There are a lot of references to 80s TV shows and films which I'm probably only 30% consciously aware of, the rest sub-consciously. Some are overt references (Ghostbusters), others more subtle (the cops uniforms from Jaws).

The plot is fun (but not serious; it's great escapism) and I look forward to how it develops in season 3 which comes out in 3 days time.

Great tv, i shall be watching S3

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Killing Eve, series 2. Not a patch on the first. Different writers apparently... and it shows.

Stranger Things 3. A bit too thick on the 80s nods and rather thin on plot. Enjoyed it mind... just not a lot really happened over the 8 episodes.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Black Spot Netflix, French.. Its a bit weird supernatural type sbow but liking it after 2 episodes

Last edited:
M*A*S*H last night, or 2 episodes of it, &
('Officers Only' & 'Dear Dad. 3')

Plus 'Mark WIlliams On The Rails' railway programmes, about Brunel

There's still an episode of Star Trek : Deep Space 9 to watch too

I enjoyed Gentleman Jack. Thought Suranne Jones was good as usual in most things she's in.
I like, for all the scenes around Halifax, York & Penistone Hill (outside Haworth - where the mine was 'being dug')
Shibden Hall deserves the extra attention, it's a gorgeous building!!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
LA's Finest (Fox): despite the hype the pilot was a substandard Lethal Weapon clone. Remember when Jessica Alba was a big star? I guess we can safely say that's all in the past given she's starring in this alongside a bloke who used to be in Hollyoaks.

Levo-Lon

Guru
LA's Finest (Fox): despite the hype the pilot was a substandard Lethal Weapon clone. Remember when Jessica Alba was a big star? I guess we can safely say that's all in the past given she's starring in this alongside a bloke who used to be in Hollyoaks.

I'll google her, and ive heard of a holm oak, got one at work, odd tree but its in leaf all year..

Top Bottom