What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I've noticed that 'Life on Earth' has appeared on iPlayer - and it's considerably better quality that the DVD box set. It doesn't say it's remastered or anything, but as it would have been made on film I guess they must have re-scanned it or something? It definitely stands the test of time, escept for the graphics, which are nonetheless pleasingly old-school!

Do you have an English translation of that phrase please
Basically there's been a drama involving footballer's wives. One had been posting to private social media but the details were being leaked to the press. She worked out who it was by a process of elimination, by blocking people one at a time, and only posting fake stories until she was left with only one It turned out to be another footballer's wife.

The only way to resolve this quintessentially British mediocre drama is to fire the Sun (newspaper) into the Sun (giant ball of hydrogen undergoing fusion)

OMFG This made R4 this morning, what has this minor celebrity culture come to, I really don't give a flying funtrap what these morons get up to.
I reckon it's because the concept of performing an investigation to get to the truth is alien in our modern times.
I am also almost entirely unmoved by the story, but can see why the act of investigation rather than falling back on "he-said, she-said" both-sides-ism would resonate.

D

Deleted member 26715

Goliath S3 on Prime - WTF?
So watched the whole series in 2 nights, certainly not as good as the last 2, didn't understand the drug taking, not sure it brought anything to the story. Seems to me that it was a writer who had a good idea S1, was asked to stretch the idea to get S2, then had no clue when asked to stretch again to S3, shame as I like the characters

Levo-Lon

Guru
So watched the whole series in 2 nights, certainly not as good as the last 2, didn't understand the drug taking, not sure it brought anything to the story. Seems to me that it was a writer who had a good idea S1, was asked to stretch the idea to get S2, then had no clue when asked to stretch again to S3, shame as I like the characters

I only watched S1 because it had Billy Bob Thornton in it, i usually like all things with him in

Top Bottom